DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Uncontrolled hover? Video included

artyswiss

Reactions
Anyone having these issues? Everything is calibrated -IMU AND COMPASS, had some mag interference in the morning but I fly low in this area around my house often. I have had this happen in open fields before too. When it does I bring it down and try again later.

What gives?

Is the downward camera on?

There's a chance there's a problem, there's also a chance it's fine and you are expecting too much?

I mean I've taken it on like 60 flights and it doesn't behave like this typically. It's responsive.

I went to an open field and the compass is all in the red at like 1600. What's going on? There was never this much mag interference here? It's like everywhere I go today.

Looks pretty normal given the wind conditions. You can see the plant in the background moving. That's hardly what i'd call an uncontrolled hover.

Looks pretty normal given the wind conditions. You can see the plant in the background moving. That's hardly what i'd call an uncontrolled hover.

**** think so? Any idea why i might be getting mag interference everywhere I go? It's all in the red.

Your status LED was blinking green. If there was magnetic interference indicating a compass calibration was needed you would have a red/yellow blinking LED on the back and also notification on the APP. Where are you when your reading the red compass readings? Is it reading red on both compasses?

Your status LED was blinking green. If there was magnetic interference indicating a compass calibration was needed you would have a red/yellow blinking LED on the back and also notification on the APP. Where are you when your reading the red compass readings? Is it reading red on both compasses?

It's just red on the one compass and the other one is fine it looks like. But it does prompt me to move the craft. Anywhere I move it one compass fills up red. Grassy field, cement, its yellow when I lift it off the ground. Am I living on a iron mine?

There is rebar in most concrete so if taking off from a sidewalk or other concrete that is not surprising. If your next to a car that'll usually throw the compass off as well. Either way I don't think your hover video has anything to do with the compass. It looks like what the mavic does when it's trying to hold position in a windy situation.

Reactions: MrsTreat
There is rebar in most concrete so if taking off from a sidewalk or other concrete that is not surprising. If your next to a car that'll usually throw the compass off as well. Either way I don't think your hover video has anything to do with the compass. It looks like what the mavic does when it's trying to hold position in a windy situation.

Hmmm. Alright il try again tomorrow. Thanks!

I went like 5 miles from the mag interference and still mag interference. Something is up.

Agreed, and I have found that if the MP is "wabbling" in the wind, a switch to sport mode ends the wavering hover, gives the MP the juice to hold position.

Reactions: artyswiss
My Mavic does this after sunset when I'm flying close to the ground and it's unable to get a good reading from the bottom VPS. Controls get a little wonky too until I get it up to 15-20 feet, then it's stable.

-Joe

Something is for sure going on still. It's claiming there's extreme mag interference wherever I go. Can't calibrate compass at all....is it possible since this wasn't happening at these locations of flight before?

If you haven't crashed the drone or started carrying a magnet around in your pocket, there may be something wrong with your Mavic.

Have you operated or stored it around any strong magnetic/electromagnetic fields? Has anything changed that would be around all the locations you've tried to fly (new car, new phone, new cell tower in your back yard)?

If you haven't crashed the drone or started carrying a magnet around in your pocket, there may be something wrong with your Mavic.

Have you operated or stored it around any strong magnetic/electromagnetic fields? Has anything changed that would be around all the locations you've tried to fly (new car, new phone, new cell tower in your back yard)?

I went on a bike tour for a few days where it was in my bike pannier. My bike is steel. It flew fine when I got it back for a few days. And then last two days just mag interference popping up all over town.

I think part of it is the wind and another part is something being weird. My firmware seem up to date, but I did get a failure once I tried to update and then it showed the correct firmware. Couldn't revert the firmware on the remote to factory settings

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hcastro