DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Under Heathrow and on the HR-10. Oh Joy

Gooseman

Reactions
Ancient photographer/filmmaker based just west of London and close to the Thames, which isn't the best place for a drone owner to live.
Like OverIreland, I've been shooting stills for over thirty years and in the last few years have been asked to shoot more and more video. Hence the drone as part of the slow development of the craft.

It's a whole new set of technical challenges, so I am just happy to spend some time learning. I have to get the technical side embedded in my brain so I can focus on creativity, but that's a way off. After five days of ownership and just two flights I am still trying to figure out best camera settings, and then when it's in the air, remember what the two flipping sticks actually do! Today I'll be going through HQ/FOV, shutter angle, iris and sharpness settings tests to find a DLOG set up I can use as a base for most subjects/environments and lighting situations.

Good to find this forum, it seems much more focussed and sensible than others I've found.

Ancient photographer/filmmaker based just west of London and close to the Thames, which isn't the best place for a drone owner to live.
Like OverIreland, I've been shooting stills for over thirty years and in the last few years have been asked to shoot more and more video. Hence the drone as part of the slow development of the craft.

It's a whole new set of technical challenges, so I am just happy to spend some time learning. I have to get the technical side embedded in my brain so I can focus on creativity, but that's a way off. After five days of ownership and just two flights I am still trying to figure out best camera settings, and then when it's in the air, remember what the two flipping sticks actually do! Today I'll be going through HQ/FOV, shutter angle, iris and sharpness settings tests to find a DLOG set up I can use as a base for most subjects/environments and lighting situations.

Good to find this forum, it seems much more focussed and sensible than others I've found.
Howdy from Wyoming @Gooseman , welcome to the community, plenty of fine folk and excellent information here.

Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .Thumbswayup

Hello,
It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Mavic Pilots forum.
I hope that you will be able to use the forum to further your safety knowledge and for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in Mavic quadcopter’s.
Enjoy the forum! Thumbswayup

Welcome to MavicPilots from Dayton Ohio USA! Fly safe and have fun!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
topcomons