DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Uninstalling Current 4.1.5 Go 4 App to Previous Version

QuadKid

Reactions
I have d/loaded pretty much all the available previous versions of the Go 4 App from APKMirror.com.
Can the current version Go 4, 4.1.5 be uninstalled from my Galaxy S5 and/or Crystal Sky and then re-installed with the version of my choice using a USB connection to my computer simply by loading the file to the phone or CS SD Card?

I have d/loaded pretty much all the available previous versions of the Go 4 App from APKMirror.com.
Can the current version Go 4, 4.1.5 be uninstalled from my Galaxy S5 and/or Crystal Sky and then re-installed with the version of my choice using a USB connection to my computer simply by loading the file to the phone or CS SD Card?

Simple answer is yes. When uploaded to your device (apk file), uninstall your existing version. Browse to the new file with a file explorer app (or the built-in "My Files"). Open the apk and let it install. You may need to change the setting to allow for installation of unknown sources.

Thanks will do that on my Galaxy S5 and use it when needed, DJI says it can not be done on the CS as it has a dedicated Android Platform, good to know
Thanks.

Thanks will do that on my Galaxy S5 and use it when needed, DJI says it can not be done on the CS as it has a dedicated Android Platform, good to know

You'd have to check about the CS. I'm not sure if there's a simple way to sideload apps (or if anyone has even tried). I'm sure someone could figure it out if they tried.

You'd have to check about the CS. I'm not sure if there's a simple way to sideload apps (or if anyone has even tried). I'm sure someone could figure it out if they tried.
DJI says it can't be done, I did read a thread where the CS was hacked and was able to put third party apps onto it, very technical and way beyond my skill set!

Has anyone been able to install an older version of DJI Go 4 on CS? I'm wanting to use the older version 4.1.1.5 to check OTG support. Any help would be grateful. New Pilot.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deepdark