DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Unique Craft

AnzacJack

Australian Defence Veteran
Reactions
I was just attempting to organise a bit of an inventory on all my Aviation Stuff and realised I have collected an unbeliveable amount of stuff over the years.
This must be the most unique thing i have
rocket drone.jpgrocket drone (2).jpgrocket pod.jpg

you stand on it, fire it up annd just lean in the direction you want to go

Hahahaha

This was found in the back of an engineering workshop in Brisbane and I was able to aquire it.
The original owners managed to start it up and melted the legs on its alloy frame. It was given to engineering company to construct a stainless steel frame that would manage the heat.
They never returned to collect it. Maybe scared off from initial tests.
We managed to to conduct a test run, and melted the steel plate it was sitting on. Now its just a curio that I dont think Ill ever part with. I have considered mounting a single jet onto a go cart. One day.

The Pressure jets where originally designed to fitted to rotor tips of a helicopter, giving rotation from the tip, reducing torque. Have to love some of the designs innovators over the years have come up with

Last edited:
did it work,
surely the newspapers wouldnt lie
newspapers.jpg

Those gas bottles have a tube that feeds from the bottom and it pumps Liquid LPG into the pressure jet.
What could go wrong ?

Im wondering who had that much money back then? and how much would that be in today's money? That has to be worth a small fortune to the right bidder. WOW :oops:

Had no idea that is best creative minds were working on this back then, and now we got water jets, big whoop , seems like technology goes backwards at times.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rin

@AnzacJack, what a great story. Thanks for posting that. This reminds me of the stories and advertisements in Popular Mechanics back in the 60s that spawned so many flights of fancy and dreams in my friends and me. Fortunately, we never seemed to have the money to even buy a set of plans.

I'm wondering what other wonders you have in your "Aviation Stuff" collection. You seem to have that dangerous combination of a lot of curiosity and a large indoor space to put things.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929