DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Unlock 400' Altitude Restriction?

1) What exactly does (remote) landing and takeoff do? Does it reset the take-off altitude, the entire home point (including altitude), or what?
Having the drone shut down and powering up again would reset the homepoint and zero altitude.
2) If it resets the entire home point, then how do I get back to the original home point? (This would be especially important in a case of loss of signal, low battery, or other emergency during the return to original home.)
You would have to fly home manually (despite all the people that only think of using the automated RTH function, that is something you can do yourself.
Or if you wanted to, you could reset the home point to your location.

Reactions: Thomas B
Having the drone shut down and powering up again would reset the homepoint and zero altitude.

...Or if you wanted to, you could reset the home point to your location.
Meta4 -- Please accept a couple of follow-ups:

1) When homepoint and altitude are reset, does that also effectively start a new flight? In that case, is the map also reset, erasing the track of the previous flight leg?

2) How do you reset the home point to the original (I suppose you mean the remote's) location?

Thanks again. -- jclarkw

1) When homepoint and altitude are reset, does that also effectively start a new flight? In that case, is the map also reset, erasing the track of the previous flight leg?
If the drone shuts down and restarts, that starts a new flight.
Try some testing over a short distance to see how it works.
2) How do you reset the home point to the original (I suppose you mean the remote's) location?
I don't have a drone that uses the Fly app to check.
Look through your app settings to find how to reset your home point.

Reactions: jclarkw
If the drone shuts down and restarts, that starts a new flight.
Try some testing over a short distance to see how it works.

I don't have a drone that uses the Fly app to check.
Look through your app settings to find how to reset your home point.
Thanks again, Meta4, for these suggestions.

1) Unfortunately for me, testing is not so simple because I have to drive 10-20 miles to get out of the DCA no-drone zone! I can fly the MA2 inside my house, but only if I tape aluminum foil all over the drone body to cut off the GPS signal. No GPS = no test.

2) I searched the online user guide for DJI Fly and found the following about resetting the home point:

"Update Home Point
Use this setting to update your home point to your desired location. Your home point can be set as your aircraft’s takeoff position or the current GPS location of your mobile device and remote controller."

Unfortunately this setting just pops up message that it will only operate in flight! Again, a car trip is required to explore this option.

I'll post results when I next have time to carry out these tests... Meanwhile does anyone have a MA2 and DJI Fly who can report what this setting actually does?

Best Regards -- jclarkw

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
susnzhe