DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

unlocking Geo zone issue

Mazdaman323lx

Reactions
Can someone advise me on the following.
I was trying to film a yacht coming upriver last night with my Air 2s , but I knew I would be running into a geo locked zone due to a stadium in close proximity to the river . The stadium was closed at the time. I requested a unlock and promptly received a six digit code which I entered . The code was accepted but the app told me I was logged out of my account . I don't know how or where I log in . I tried another unlock same result and this time I had the added bonus of the app telling me that the firmware have installed doesn't allow me to log in to my account. At this point the yacht had sailed past so the opportunity for a great capture was gone. Avoiding the urge to throw the controller in the river I packed up and went home. Anyone explain how I can avoid this scenario again ?

Call DJI support. Their geofencing can create all sort of problems. It is better to speak to a live human than send emails that may or may not be translated and understood properly.

I was trying to film a yacht coming upriver last night with my Air 2s , but I knew I would be running into a geo locked zone due to a stadium in close proximity to the river . The stadium was closed at the time. I requested a unlock and promptly received a six digit code which I entered . The code was accepted but the app told me I was logged out of my account . I don't know how or where I log in . I tried another unlock same result and this time I had the added bonus of the app telling me that the firmware have installed doesn't allow me to log in to my account. At this point the yacht had sailed past so the opportunity for a great capture was gone. Avoiding the urge to throw the controller in the river I packed up and went home. Anyone explain how I can avoid this scenario again ?
You have to log into your DJI account with an Internet connection or via a phone with cell service. Most of us simply stay logged in to not have the issues you have found. Without you being logged into DJI, the code meant nothing so DJI and their geo zone / software will not accept the code.

And what if the phone or tablet does not have the ability to connect to the internet? My I pad does not have cellular capabilities

And what if the phone or tablet does not have the ability to connect to the internet? My I pad does not have cellular capabilities
It does when at home or near wi-fi does it not? I simply have logged into my account on my tablet at home and left it logged in. Simplest way to never have an issue in the field.

I had the same issue 2 days ago 11/21/21. I was already logged on my phone and it gave me a code. I entered it then it says I needed to log in (and I was logged in already). I wish I could figure this one out.

• Wow
Reactions: tlswift58
I had the same issue 2 days ago 11/21/21. I was already logged on my phone and it gave me a code. I entered it then it says I needed to log in (and I was logged in already). I wish I could figure this one out.
If you installed the latest FlyApp and thought you were logged in - you may not have been. For some reason the newest update logged me out of my account - which I always leave logged in just for this reason along with very limited fly zone.

If you are 100% sure you were logged in, then a call / email to DJI is needed to see what they say - since it seems to be on their end that issues are happening when pilots are logged in properly.

Last ditch possible thing is to log out, wait for a bit, then log back in to see if it actually does log in properly.

Reactions: mallga00
But a system that doesn’t have NannyWare. Just teasing a bit there😜. That would frustrate me to no end having to get permission to use my drone from the manufacturer. It would be like buying a car and having to check in with the manufacturer to see if it was okay to drive it to the store and back.

But a system that doesn’t have NannyWare. Just teasing a bit there😜. That would frustrate me to no end having to get permission to use my drone from the manufacturer. It would be like buying a car and having to check in with the manufacturer to see if it was okay to drive it to the store and back.
It's not only DJI and their "geofence zones" that would be an issue. If they got LAANC approval - that is a requirement and to get permission to fly into that zone has to come with an unlock from DJI. Would think other drone makers have same thing going on.

It is pretty well known on the forum that staying logged into your DJI account on the device you are using is needed; so a simple preflight check before leaving the house would tell you whether you are logged in or not. If you have phone / tablet with cell service; then you can log in if cell service is available. It's in the settings part of FlyApp. The last update for some reason logged me out of my account and I luckily found out when I was connected to my home wi-fi since my tablet is just that only.

Where there is a will, there is way to fly! Not sure of the exact issues the OP was having; but I've flown around stadiums when not in use and no issues. Could they have moved to a different location out of the geozone to fly - maybe.

But, bottom line is as most should be aware is to be logged into your DJI account on the device you are using with the RC. Once logged in, no reason to log out and you should not have any future issues with geozones or unlocking in general. Would make sure to check status after a FlyApp update to be sure still logged in. If logged in - HAPPY FLYING!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skyscansurveys