DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Unlocking Geo Zones

PrettyGirlFlys

Reactions
Hello all,

I am interested in flying my aircraft in DC over the Black Lives Matter Plaza. However, when I looked on the DJI app at the fly spots it looks like it’s some restrictions for the area. It covers the entire area of DC and some of Virginia. Does that mean I can’t fly at all in DC or is there some way to unlock the geo zone? I have attached a picture of what I see when I look it up on the DJI app.

FYI: I fly with a Mavic Mini

Attachments

• DD5846D2-2C07-4318-8176-E436D850BCDB.png
    DD5846D2-2C07-4318-8176-E436D850BCDB.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 33
Last edited:
Seems you are desiring to fly in a definite NO FLY ZONE. Right near the White House??? Good Luck.

Attachments

• Screenshot (104).png
    Screenshot (104).png
    1.2 MB · Views: 7
Hello all,

I am interested in flying my aircraft in DC over the Black Lives Matter Plaza. However, when I looked on the DJI app at the fly spots it looks like it’s some restrictions for the area. It covers the entire area of DC and some of Virginia. Does that mean I can’t fly at all in DC or is there some way to unlock the geo zone? I have attached a picture of what I see when I look it up on the DJI app.

FYI: I fly with a Mavic Mini
As in any other area of the USA, the DJI NFZ map means nothing. You must always check the definitive source (the FAA) to determine where you are allowed to fly.

In this case there is no way you can fly there. That is right next to the White house. It is right at the center of the "WASHINGTON, DC METROPOLITAN AREA SPECIAL FLIGHT RULES AREA" and also within the Washington Tri-Area Class B. It is totally restricted from the surface up.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Flonke