DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Unlocking NFZ. (What does "Disconnected" mean?)

Waynebru

Reactions
After updating my Mavic Pro, I cannot fly from my home anymore. I went through the unlocking procedure and verified the license. But in the controller I'm seeing a "disconnected" message. Every thing is connceted though. What gives?
IMG_0045.JPGIMG_0048.PNG

same problem - only my screen says "refresh" instead of "sync".
pressing it only indicates it was "sucessfully refreshed"
"disconnected" message still there

I found that if I entered the serial number for my drone rather than the controller when I requested my permission to fly they it would sync normally.
The instructions said to use the controller number but that seemed to be where the problem was.
I also found that I could not view the map with the pins on it on safari on my Mac, had to use google chrome to get it to load properly.
Good luck, I was sure frustrated for a while.

The instructions said to use the controller number

They are referring to the serial number of the "flight controller", aka the main board of your drone. (not the remote controller)

Reactions: iaincaradoc
I just did a FW update...... and now cant fly at home .....I am outside NFZ but it says I am..... I have emailed DJI and typical No answer.........I have to drive 8 miles from home to fly....... This is ********........ $1800 paperweight..... I own the dam drone there has to be a way to unlock the NFZ... The Chinese want to control the world...... after they almost killed us all

any help?????

I just did a FW update...... and now cant fly at home .....I am outside NFZ but it says I am..... I have emailed DJI and typical No answer.........I have to drive 8 miles from home to fly....... This is ********........ $1800 paperweight..... I own the dam drone there has to be a way to unlock the NFZ... The Chinese want to control the world...... after they almost killed us all

any help?????

Post the area you are trying to fly in and we can see what's going on.

Post the area you are trying to fly in and we can see what's going on.
I am in the Ft Lauderdale area...... Never had this problem b4 and I had to do an update . the smart controller would not let me fly without doing updates.......... Now i have to go almost to everglades..... it update to latest fw........

I am in the Ft Lauderdale area...... Never had this problem b4 and I had to do an update . the smart controller would not let me fly without doing updates.......... Now i have to go almost to everglades..... it update to latest fw........

Well for one, the Ft Lauderdale area is covered by controlled airspace:

Screenshot_20200823-173209_AirMap.jpg

If you haven't been getting clearances via one of the LAANC apps (like Airmap or Kittyhawk), you've likely been flying illegally.

Once you get your clearance, it should be a simple matter to unlock the airspace either at the time of flight in DJI Go 4, assuming your Smart Controller has an internet connection, or ahead of time via DJI's self unlock website.

Well for one, the Ft Lauderdale area is covered by controlled airspace:

View attachment 111378

If you haven't been getting clearances via one of the LAANC apps (like Airmap or Kittyhawk), you've likely been flying illegally.

Once you get your clearance, it should be a simple matter to unlock the airspace either at the time of flight in DJI Go 4, assuming your Smart Controller has an internet connection, or ahead of time via DJI's self unlock website.
I am outside the LAANC area....... and not flying illegally........ I am a Part 7 FAA operator I know what I am doing..... its only after the update....

Has anyone tried downgrading firmware via Download-nolimitdronez.com

It supposedly will allow you to fly in NFZ areas, boost signal, and speed. I got it to begin downloading firmware but then it stops for whatever reason. Can't get DJI to help. No reply as usual.

These are the firmware examples and info from NLD MOD CLIENT. Anyone used this before?

Attachments

• FW issue.png
    FW issue.png
    56.1 KB · Views: 6
  • FORCE FCC MODE.png
    FORCE FCC MODE.png
    69.2 KB · Views: 7
  • FW versions.png
    FW versions.png
    38.7 KB · Views: 5
I have tried this when My latest fw upgrade would lock me out....... the latest fw will not let you downgrade.......... it hangs at 15%

SO lets just say you do an update and there is all kinds a flaws...... you cant go back.........? We Pay thousands of dollars to buy this product and yet the manufactue can lock you out.....!!!!! I an part 107 FAA lic and yet DJI controls my bird..... thats wrong

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suilven