DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Unnecessary posts!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Obviously I’m a funugy here. I generally don’t t give a flip if anyone says welcome or not, but I do watch for the general tone and mood of my various hobby forums. So to all of you, thanks for creating a friendly atmosphere.
And FWIW I do realize that I didn’t really add anything to the thread. ?‍♂️?

Because then it would limit the number of posts in a thread which were completely unrelated to the questions being asked. I’m not against welcoming new members to the forums but don’t we have a place for that - the Pilot Check In forum? If a thread is about flyaways or rules and regulations, surely that’s what we should be discussing in the thread?

I’m not in any way trying to restrict anyone’s choice as to what they post - I’m certainly not in any position to do so being fairly new here myself. When I wrote my opening post, I’d just come from a closed forum on another site where the number of welcoming posts in some threads exceeded the number of useful answers to questions and I was a little frustrated to see some similar threads here.

Not the fault of anyone here, but I’ve had a stressful day full of unnecessary trivia which unavoidably filled up my time preventing me doing things which I really needed to do. I apologise if I let that spill over into these forums.

It’s all good. We are just having some fun with ya.

As a side note, I've made several comments to new members under this thread about what to watch out for and apps to assist in helping you get past the scary part. For a newcomer that can be a big deal, it was for me and I use to fly rc so not a newcomer to being in the air. But drones is a whole nother world with many ways to mess up and damage or lose your investment. No harm done, but you expected some pushback as stated in the beginning of the thread.

New member rarely know there is an check in area. They are coming because have a question and you can be sure will be answered but a welcome will be included. I understand the frustration or maybe not but i respect your point of view. Scroll down skipping the welcome messages takes seconds of your life if you are not in the moth of it.

Because then it would limit the number of posts in a thread which were completely unrelated to the questions being asked. I’m not against welcoming new members to the forums but don’t we have a place for that - the Pilot Check In forum? If a thread is about flyaways or rules and regulations, surely that’s what we should be discussing in the thread?

I’m not in any way trying to restrict anyone’s choice as to what they post - I’m certainly not in any position to do so being fairly new here myself. When I wrote my opening post, I’d just come from a closed forum on another site where the number of welcoming posts in some threads exceeded the number of useful answers to questions and I was a little frustrated to see some similar threads here.

Not the fault of anyone here, but I’ve had a stressful day full of unnecessary trivia which unavoidably filled up my time preventing me doing things which I really needed to do. I apologise if I let that spill over into these forums.
apology accepted ,and on that note ,it might be a good moment to close this thread ,

NOT OPEN TO FURTHER REPLIES

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
greg190