DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Unnecessary posts!

Status
Not open for further replies.

maelstrom

Reactions
Call me unfriendly or antisocial if you want, but what is the point of the multiple “welcome to the forum“ posts which contain nothing helpful to answer the questions of members new to the forums? It just fills up the thread and means you have to often scroll through lots of posts before getting to anything useful. By all means let a Moderator welcome them or keep it to the Pilot Check In forum. I’m bracing myself for the backlash!

It's call being NICE and WELCOMING new pilots to the group. Not everyone makes their FIRST post in the Check-In and in fact some people NEVER post in the Check-In.

The beauty is you CAN simply scroll and ignore all the niceties etc as you wish.

Call me unfriendly or antisocial if you want, but what is the point of the multiple “welcome to the forum“ posts which contain nothing helpful to answer the questions of members new to the forums? It just fills up the thread and means you have to often scroll through lots of posts before getting to anything useful. By all means let a Moderator welcome them or keep it to the Pilot Check In forum. I’m bracing myself for the backlash!

Welcome and if you have any questions feel free to ask [emoji41]

I don't know where you live, but here in Pittsburgh, people on the sidewalk will look you in the eye and say "Hi" even though you've never met. I guess you think that's a waste of time also.

@maelstrom , By welcome people to the forum demonstrate curtesy and how active is the forum. You can be sure the question will be answer soon or late but will be seen. Without mention how good somebody feels when somebody say welcome.

If I see somebody with only 1 or 3 post I will make sure say Welcome. Its just a curtesy.

Well the nerve! I've never! How can you possibly! I'm offended! Now I'm going to have to pet my pony and think about unicorns and lollypops.

Welcome to the forum!

why should it only be staff members who welcome new members to the forum, its every ones choice to make if they wish to welcome new members

why should it only be staff members who welcome new members to the forum, its every ones choice to make if they wish to welcome new members
True !!

Crikey mate, Maelstrom you are unfriendly, but we will try to help you too,
I am glad that you would not waste everyone's time with a useless post.
Darn it, you got me, I fed the troll, I usually know better.
I think the thread title was click bait. ?

Because then it would limit the number of posts in a thread which were completely unrelated to the questions being asked. I’m not against welcoming new members to the forums but don’t we have a place for that - the Pilot Check In forum? If a thread is about flyaways or rules and regulations, surely that’s what we should be discussing in the thread?

I’m not in any way trying to restrict anyone’s choice as to what they post - I’m certainly not in any position to do so being fairly new here myself. When I wrote my opening post, I’d just come from a closed forum on another site where the number of welcoming posts in some threads exceeded the number of useful answers to questions and I was a little frustrated to see some similar threads here.

Not the fault of anyone here, but I’ve had a stressful day full of unnecessary trivia which unavoidably filled up my time preventing me doing things which I really needed to do. I apologise if I let that spill over into these forums.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78