DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

RID

shawgod

Premium Pilot
Reactions
I was going through the menu options for the P4P and noticed that there was a place for the RID. Does this mean that it will transmit? I know it doesn't have a number on it like my Air2S has that I have to register with the FAA Dronezone. But it has a place where I can fill in a name for the flight. I don't know exactly what this is for. Can someone fill me in on this please? Sorry I posted this in the wrong Forum this needs to be deleted.

I was going through the menu options for the P4P and noticed that there was a place for the RID. Does this mean that it will transmit? I know it doesn't have a number on it like my Air2S has that I have to register with the FAA Dronezone. But it has a place where I can fill in a name for the flight. I don't know exactly what this is for. Can someone fill me in on this please? Sorry I posted this in the wrong Forum this needs to be deleted.
I’ve noticed this on my M2pro. Been meaning to research this. Why would this show up if it serves no purpose?

I’ve noticed this on my M2pro. Been meaning to research this. Why would this show up if it serves no purpose?
Exactly, my thoughts too. It doesn’t populate a number. I haven’t looked on any apps to see if it is broadcasting and can be seen. I’ll have to do that the next time I fly the P4P.

Reactions: Ranger
As far as I know Phantom series just transmit to Aeroscope, just like any DJI drone, but won't be picked up by karen apps.

On the Phantom and other "older" drones you can fill the data you see on the DJI app so drone hunters with Aeroscome have more data about you on the screen, but it's not RID compliant as it is the Mavic 3, for example, which can be detected by Karen apps at 2.7+ Km without any especial receiver or equipment.

Reactions: Reid937 and Ranger
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JReynolds078