msinger

DJI Drone Expert
Approved Vendor
Premium Pilot
Reactions
Site
mavichelp.com

Overview​

New to the Holy Stone RID module? If your drone does not broadcast RID data, this is a very cost-effective way to equip your drone with an external RID module.

Some notable features:
  • Lightweight & compact
  • Less expensive than other available RID modules (available here on Amazon)
  • Easy to configure & operate (see the video below)
  • Allows you to satisfy Remote Identification (RID) Compliance
  • Transmits RID data via Bluetooth (has a shorter range than Wi-Fi RID modules)

Configure & use the Holy Stone RID module​

Reactions: mavic3usa
Had mine for a couple of weeks, it's a nice little module and it lightweight and works well. Also would like to point out there has been a recent firmware update for the module so please check to make sure your unit has the latest.

would like to point out there has been a recent firmware update for the module so please check to make sure your unit has the latest
When I installed the "Drone Go2" app on my iPhone and connected my Holy Stone RID module, it prompted me to install that new firmware update. So, others will likely also be prompted to do so as part of the normal configuration process.

Reactions: Romi and mavic3usa
Mine did the same. When downloaded, it installed the update. Have not flown with it yet. Too cold and snowy. Need to get better Velcro to place on my Mavic Pro v1 batteries. Also for my P4P v1. Must delete MP info and enter P4P info when going to the Phantom.

Reactions: msinger
Reactions: MAVE (Little bird)
Mine did the same. When downloaded, it installed the update. Have not flown with it yet. Too cold and snowy. Need to get better Velcro to place on my Mavic Pro v1 batteries. Also for my P4P v1. Must delete MP info and enter P4P info when going to the Phantom.

GregS, where do you attach the velcro and RID unit on your Phantom please?

I placed it on my support for the camera and placed the support on the back of the legs. Can't take credit for this though. Saw it on the Phantom forum. Member 'Tech' had a photo. So I copied his idea. Thought it was perfect. Out of the way of antenna's and GPS. Other placements were on the front of the drone, but that is where I have my registration.
Here is his photo.

Attachments

• Phantom 4 Pro RID placement.jpeg
    Phantom 4 Pro RID placement.jpeg
    104.4 KB · Views: 23
I placed it on my support for the camera and placed the support on the back of the legs. Can't take credit for this though. Saw it on the Phantom forum. Member 'Tech' had a photo. So I copied his idea. Thought it was perfect. Out of the way of antenna's and GPS. Other placements were on the front of the drone, but that is where I have my registration.
Here is his photo.

Thanks - that's a good idea! It looks like it interferes with the VPS but I suppose it can be disabled.

Currently using an iPhone and unable to get the phones Bluetooth to recognize the RID module. As well as the Go2 finding it unless I do a reset and then recognizes the Ser# but doesn't appear to be any connection? is anyone else having this issue or am I missing something??
The RID goes from a fast blink to slow indicating it is broadcasting, I would just think it would show in Bluetooth and the app.
Thanks!

Reactions: Lens
These might be obvious questions, but:

What should go in the Operator ID field for the Holy Stone setup? Is it the registration number for the drone?

Is there something specific that goes in the model field? "Mini2"? "DJIMini2"? It seems spaces are not permitted.

And finally is the "Remote ID series number" the Remote ID that I need to register my RID in FAA Dronzone?

These might be obvious questions, but:

What should go in the Operator ID field for the Holy Stone setup? Is it the registration number for the drone? Not sure it is a required field or not but if it is you should use your registration number: * You need to visit the official website of the local aviation authority or aviation regulatory agency and register to obtain an “Operator ID”.

Is there something specific that goes in the model field? "Mini2"? "DJIMini2"? It seems spaces are not permitted. Put whatever you want if it takes it.

And finally is the "Remote ID series number" the Remote ID that I need to register my RID in FAA Dronzone? Yes
Answers above.

faa drone zone not accepting HolyStone (HSRID01 )module serial number….any idea what is going on?
EDIT:nevermind,got it to work

Last edited:
faa drone zone not accepting HolyStone (HSRID01 )module serial number….any idea what is going on?
EDIT:nevermind,got it to work
For anyone else wondering, for registration, this is what your serial number may look like: 18656A#####

Reactions: Skydreamer
That's something I will have to check on, but you are probably right.
I tried to place my Holy Stone RID on the camera cover, but did not like it. So I got some good velcro and it is now attached to the rear between the arms. Works fine and is out of the way.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danyjames_