DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Unstable after firmware upgrade

inline aerial

Reactions
I just finished upgrading to the latest firmware and... now it seems that either the motors are out of sync or something is off with the stability. When I push up on the left stick for lift the drone lifts but then starts to wobble significantly before stabalizing back out. it's very noticable on normal mode, but in sport mode it just about crashes itself sideways before stabalizing. I changed my props earlier today with some off brands and then flew for a while, but didn't notice any issues. Everything seemed to be fine until after the firmware upgrade. Does or has anyone else have/had this issue?? Thanks in advance!

I just finished upgrading to the latest firmware and... now it seems that either the motors are out of sync or something is off with the stability. When I push up on the left stick for lift the drone lifts but then starts to wobble significantly before stabalizing back out. it's very noticable on normal mode, but in sport mode it just about crashes itself sideways before stabalizing. I changed my props earlier today with some off brands and then flew for a while, but didn't notice any issues. Everything seemed to be fine until after the firmware upgrade. Does or has anyone else have/had this issue?? Thanks in advance!
Have you checked your props to ensure they are fastened securely?

You said you just installed some off brand props today...I would try your original props again if they're still intact before assuming it's the firmware.

Thanks. yeah i tossed the props.... My first thought was the props but again, I flew it with the new props and didn't notice the wobbling. that's not to say it wasn't there, i just didn't notice. the weird part is though is that it does stabilize after a couple wobbles. when i push up for lift, it goes vertical for a couple feet and then wobbles left and right pretty heavy before going stable again. If it keeps up I'll load a video.

These are the props I put on. they look legit and match up great. Maybe it was better worth buying official DJI though?? Amazon.com: Richday 2 Pairs 8330F Propellers Quick Release Props Foldable Propellers for Mavic Pro Golden Wing Tip: Toys & Games
I'd be wary purchasing those as they have no reviews. For only $5 more you could get the official props. Maybe return those and pick up the official DJI props. Just like the old saying "Don't skimp out on things that are between you and the ground" (Tires, shoes, mattresses, etc.) I think that now applies to things that keep you in the air as well LOL

Reactions: inline aerial
I'd be wary purchasing those as they have no reviews. For only $5 more you could get the official props. Maybe return those and pick up the official DJI props. Just like the old saying "Don't skimp out on things that are between you and the ground" (Tires, shoes, mattresses, etc.) I think that now applies to things that keep you in the air as well LOL
Thanks JC. Lesson learned! If it is the props causing the issue, I'll be sure to write a glowing review!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AR9925