DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Up and Down Only.....

apopj

Reactions
Hello all,

I just upgrade the firmware on my Pro and when I attempt use the Auto takeoff, it just keeps climbing until I hold the "down" stick in the full down position, then it lands. If I attempt a manual take off (both sticks at the 5 & 7 positions), it takes off and continues to climb. Is there something I need to do? I checked into my DJI account after the download, but didn't know what to do then so signed out. I haven't calibrated the compass nor the EMU since the download. Could this be the problem? If it is a bug with the firmware, how to I go back to the previous issue? Thanks so much.... Jeff

Try disabling your downward sensors? If that fixes it, they may need to ber cleaned or calibrated.

IMU & Compass shouldn't be causing this issue. As bpendleton said, ensure your downward sensors are clear of obstruction and recalibrate vision sensors.

Update....

I contacted DJI and customer support was very helpful (albeit with an accent)... He thought it might be a controller problem so we tried to recalibrate the controller. It would not calibrate. Tried several time with no luck. So, told him I just wanted to go back to old firmware. He walked me through that and had no problems going back. Recalibrated controller with no problem. Did find that the USB jack on the side of the Mavic Pro is pretty small and a few of the phone charger cables won't let it seat properly. Anyhow, that's where I'm at for the moment. I will clean the bottom sensors and then try to re-launch in a tree free area. It was just luck that when I attempted to fly, I wasn't under power lines or a tree since I was expecting it to only rise to 3'.

Update, using DJI Assist, I reloaded .800 over the top of .900 firmware. Then, tried to recalibrate the controller... worked perfectly. I then took the Mavic to the local park with NO TREES around and tried the auto take off. Worked perfectly. So, my deduction is that since the Mavic worked fine with .008 firmware, didn't work at all with .900 firmware, worked fine with .800 firmware re-installed, there is a problem with .900 firmware as it relates to my Mavic. It might work on yours, this is my experience though.... I'm leaving .800 installed for the foreseeable future..... if I had been under trees or power lines when I first tried to fly under .900, there would have been a horrendous crash since I could not control the aircraft. Lesson to the wise....

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miguelmas