DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Update - Firmware Release - [OP: Mavic Mini DOES NOT support unlock in no fly zones yet!]

In that second photo you sent, in the bottom left corner, where it says 'CANCEL' click on that instead of clicking on "unlock" see if that doesn't get you going. works for me. I know it doesn't make sense, but it works most of the time. after that don't try to take off auto, after you get 8 satellites pull both sticks in the bottom corners and take off manually by pushing the left stick up. lots of luck.
☝This. I had similar issues, when i used the sticks to take off it worked.

I'm not sure what that circle is. Can you check what you have your max distance set at in the settings? Maybe reduce it to 100 meters and see if that circle gets smaller and you can take off? Same with max altitude. Reduce that to something under 30 meters and see what happens.

I'm new to all of this, but that's my guess.
thanks Steve I will try that later today.

I'm not sure what that circle is. Can you check what you have your max distance set at in the settings? Maybe reduce it to 100 meters and see if that circle gets smaller and you can take off? Same with max altitude. Reduce that to something under 30 meters and see what happens.

I'm new to all of this, but that's my guess.

Hi Steve I took your advice and reduced the fly disance to be only 450m which reduced the circle to be well within the blue area and it didn't make any difference.
Neither did opting to cancel as suggested by Robert2. DJI still haven't got back to me yet about this.

Your not alone, there are many, many out there with your problem. DJI is the only one that I know of that puts these restrictions on their drones, If there are any others that do this I personally don't know any. anyone know of any??????????? If you folks know any, please list them for me. If it were possible to get DGI to permit litchi app to operate with mavic mini, I believe the litchi app doesn't have these restrictions.

Reactions: petercu1
Your not alone, there are many, many out there with your problem. DJI is the only one that I know of that puts these restrictions on their drones, If there are any others that do this I personally don't know any. anyone know of any??????????? If you folks know any, please list them for me. If it were possible to get DGI to permit litchi app to operate with mavic mini, I believe the litchi app doesn't have these restrictions.
Got it. You're no fan of the Geo Locking DJI is implementing in their drones. We're not discussing the topic you've brought up twice here. Maybe start another thread?

This thread has turned into one where we're trying to help folks who have implemented the firmware update and are still having issues. Fortunately, most who have updated the firmware and their mobile devices application seem to be having good luck getting in the air. Others may need to contact DJI for support, and there seems to be an issue for some who might be close to a restricted zone.

If you'd like to provide some advice to those looking for it, that's great.

Got it. You're no fan of the Geo Locking DJI is implementing in their drones. We're not discussing the topic you've brought up twice here. Maybe start another thread?

This thread has turned into one where we're trying to help folks who have implemented the firmware update and are still having issues. Fortunately, most who have updated the firmware and their mobile devices application seem to be having good luck getting in the air. Others may need to contact DJI for support, and there seems to be an issue for some who might be close to a restricted zone.

If you'd like to provide some advice to those looking for it, that's great.

I hate to say it but it looks to me, you are accusing me of not trying to help, sorry I will politely disagree with you, If you can show me that because I'm advocating that the litchi app is better than the DJI app. I'm not helping. well, it looks from my perspective you are the one, trying to cause a problem. if the litchi app is the superior app why are you trying to advocate that I not recommend it for the mavic mini. for those having problems. I have been in radio control models for more than fifty years and I would consider myself an expert in this field. may I ask where you get your expertise?

I hate to say it but it looks to me, you are accusing me of not trying to help, sorry I will politely disagree with you, If you can show me that because I'm advocating that the litchi app is better than the DJI app. I'm not helping. well, it looks from my perspective you are the one, trying to cause a problem. if the litchi app is the superior app why are you trying to advocate that I not recommend it for the mavic mini. for those having problems. I have been in radio control models for more than fifty years and I would consider myself an expert in this field. may I ask where you get your expertise?

I'm a total newbie to this. Compete amateur. The way I see it is that you're advocating for a solution - the litchi app - that does not exist. DJI has not released or announced a release date for their SDK yet. Maybe it will be a great option in the future.

You're also complaining about the DJI Geo Fencing implementation and asking for other drone companies that do something similar. What does that have to do with this thread?

I apologize for suggesting you are not helping. That was false, as I can see you have provided help to others in this thread.

I'm a total newbie to this. Compete amateur. The way I see it is that you're advocating for a solution - the litchi app - that does not exist. DJI has not released or announced a release date for their SDK yet. Maybe it will be a great option in the future.

You're also complaining about the DJI Geo Fencing implementation and asking for other drone companies that do something similar. What does that have to do with this thread?

I apologize for suggesting you are not helping. That was false, as I can see you have provided help to others in this thread.
first of I'm not asking other drone companies to do something similar, on the contrary, I requested that if anyone knew of any other companies had the same NFZ such as DJI ( I stated I knew of none and I asked if anyone knew of any, I would list them.) the litchi app "does" exist, I use it in my other drones, Please note, I think DJI is one of the finest drone companies that there are, bar none.
My complaints are that the DGI Fly app it is too restrictive, and the litchi app is much more refined and works much better. (I have had,8 DJI drones, all trouble free, at present I own 6 DJI drones, those too are trouble free.) My background was in research and development, mainly in guidance systems for the military, too many to list here.
I do accept your apology
HAPPY NEW YEAR

i can't see DJI releasing a SDK for the MM anytime soon, they will concentrate on improving the fly app first ,and with firmware updates there has to be some distance between what the MM can do and those models higher up the price chain,the MM is an entry level drone and as such it is equipped accordingly

i can't see DJI releasing a SDK for the MM anytime soon, they will concentrate on improving the fly app first ,and with firmware updates there has to be some distance between what the MM can do and those models higher up the price chain,the MM is an entry level drone and as such it is equipped accordingly
You are so right, but one can only hope, good things come to those that wait. I have a DJI 3 pro that does everything, but it's a moose, and it's noisy, on the other hand, the mavic mini is small and is quite. .

Reactions: old man mavic
Hi again -
I just heard back DJI support -

"Sincerely sorry that the system may not support your phone number at present. Our technical department will follow up on this issue to make an improvement as soon as possible. Your kind understanding will be highly appreciated.
Please kindly visit this link and submit a Custom Unlocking request for the blue Authorization zone."

I am not getting an SMS message on my phone when I try to unlock via the app. This may be due to the country I am in I don't know, support didnt give me any other information.
It's no big problem for me as I can fly elsewhere and I will also got to the custom unlocking section of the website to apply there anyway.

I just wanted to let other people know if they are having issues unlocking an authorized zoned.
I am using an iphone Xs and I am in Ireland. I might try another phone with a different sim to see if that makes a difference, and report back if it does.

You are so right, but one can only hope, good things come to those that wait. I have a DJI 3 pro that does everything, but it's a moose, and it's noisy, on the other hand, the mavic mini is small and is quite. .
I assume you meant a Phantom 3 Pro?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Schmidteh121