DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Update - Firmware Release - [OP: Mavic Mini DOES NOT support unlock in no fly zones yet!]

Thanks, now I see the difference for the pc software for mavic pro and mini. I'm downgrading, I'm using the FCC edition in europe, so if I don't downgrade, I have to use silver paper to cover the mavic mini every time i fly.

Ok. Now this is starting to make sense to me. In the prior version of DJI Fly, the "Flight Controller" serial number didn't exist. It was called the Aircraft Serial Number. Now, the About screen makes no mention of the AC serial number. There is only Battery SN, Flight Controller SN, Remote Controller SN and Camera SN.

I just checked my Spark and it now refers to the Flight Controller number as well. Aircraft controller SN is nowhere to be found. I could swear that the About screen used to talk about the AC SN as well as the Remote SN. Interestingly, the Flight Controller SN that is listed matches the RC Serial number, which isn't on its face that compelling, but when I connected my Spark to my phone directly (not using the RC), the about screen still listed the RC SN as the Flight Controller SN. I fully expected to see the AC's SN in the place of the RC SN at that point since I wasn't even connected to the RC. I find that to be odd. In any event, it appears that DJI may have changed nomenclature and is unifying across devices on "Flight Controller SN" for self-unlocking. I am sure someone will correct me if I am off base on this.

Ok. Now this is starting to make sense to me. In the prior version of DJI Fly, the "Flight Controller" serial number didn't exist. It was called the Aircraft Serial Number. Now, the About screen makes no mention of the AC serial number. There is only Battery SN, Flight Controller SN, Remote Controller SN and Camera SN.

I just checked my Spark and it now refers to the Flight Controller number as well. Aircraft controller SN is nowhere to be found. I could swear that the About screen used to talk about the AC SN as well as the Remote SN. Interestingly, the Flight Controller SN that is listed matches the RC Serial number, which isn't on its face that compelling, but when I connected my Spark to my phone directly (not using the RC), the about screen still listed the RC SN as the Flight Controller SN. I fully expected to see the AC's SN in the place of the RC SN at that point since I wasn't even connected to the RC. I find that to be odd. In any event, it appears that DJI may have changed nomenclature and is unifying across devices on "Flight Controller SN" for self-unlocking. I am sure someone will correct me if I am off base on this.

DJI is the only drone manufacture that requires the buyers of their product to go through this mess to fly their drones. Some one please list me another manufacture that requires this procedure so you can fly their drones.

You will get an answer in about 60 minutes as they work around the clock. It happened for me yesterday on the 31st of December.
The Unlock instructions for two distinctive ways, have been posted here.
They did get back to me within an hour in fairness and it’s working now.

Reactions: LeSchmoo
FC is one of the components on the AC. This is what needs to be authorized to fly. When you think about it, authorizing the RC doesn't make sense since you can change RC's, and they don't fly. Well maybe briefly if you throw them. [emoji3]

Just an update for my failure to unlock and fly in a blue zone issue.

It seems that it was operator error in my case. When attempting top take off before, I was using the auto take off function and wouldn’t get any prompt to unlock the zone.

But when doing the manual take off (both sticks down and to the center), then I’m prompted with the unlock prompt as expected.

Don’t know if this is the reason others in this thread cant unlock their drone for flight, but if those haven’t already tried manually taking off.. I’d say its worth a shot.

Reactions: netsonic
Just an update for my failure to unlock and fly in a blue zone issue.

It seems that it was operator error in my case. When attempting top take off before, I was using the auto take off function and wouldn’t get any prompt to unlock the zone.

But when doing the manual take off (both sticks down and to the center), then I’m prompted with the unlock prompt as expected.

Don’t know if this is the reason others in this thread cant unlock their drone for flight, but if those haven’t already tried manually taking off.. I’d say its worth a shot.
This - along with ensuring your device has updated to the new version of the application - is good information. Thank you.

Weird I’m having the same issue, I even got a verification on the fly safe website, but no go. I’m going to try this when I get home. I wonder why the auto takeoff doesn’t give the same?

Weird I’m having the same issue, I even got a verification on the fly safe website, but no go. I’m going to try this when I get home. I wonder why the auto takeoff doesn’t give the same?
when the popup comes on about the NFZ, I just cancel it, then use the (down in the sticks corner) to start the props then take off with the left stick. works every time for me.

Reactions: RaoulDuke
Took me about 2 hours today but I got it to fly in my authorization zone. The issue was I upgraded everything yesterday and the go fly app said it was current but there was no flight control listed under the 'about' menu... I finally deleted a lot of applications on my i-Phone to free up memory and also deleted the dji go fly app and then re-installed it... keep in mind you have to have the mavic mini connected to see the flight control # and also it has to be outside and getting a good gps signal to see the unlock code.. once you have navigated their web site to do this.. .and I presume all this has to be connected to the internet at least at first.... I keep pointing out to dji that a lot of this is just stupid if I could just set my maximum altitude above the ground at say 50ft.... but you know....

Still can't fly indoors. I did all the update and still get the message “Unable to lift restrictions”. I live in Class D airspace (3 miles just off an active runway) and I am a few 100 yards from a hospital heli-pad.
May guess is that is part of the problem, but can't I fly indoors? Winter is here, it's too cold and my flying field is buried in snow

Still can't fly indoors. I did all the update and still get the message “Unable to lift restrictions”. I live in Class D airspace (3 miles just off an active runway) and I am a few 100 yards from a hospital heli-pad.
May guess is that is part of the problem, but can't I fly indoors? Winter is here, it's too cold and my flying field is buried in snow
Are you in a Red Restricted Zone or a Blue Authorization Zone?
Just want to confirm that you have updated your mobile devices app? (People are missing this part.)

Also note this in the firmware notes: (Yes, this is not related to "unable to lift restrictions" but it's worth mentioning.)
  • Added feature that disables takeoff when the GPS signal is weak (GPS <8) and the environment light is not sufficient. This feature can be disabled manually (requires DJI Fly v1.0.4 or later).
  • Added requirement for compass calibration before takeoff when the environment light is not sufficient and the compass experiences interference.

Unfortunately I have still having a problem trying to fly the mini in an Authorized area.
I went out just now to a local park which is in an authorized area. It gave me a RED GEO no fly warning even though it is in an authorized area. It was picking up 17 satellites - when I tried to take off it stated I was in an authorized area and I was unable to UNLOCK, however this didnt make any difference as it still said I was in a RED GEO no fly area.
I have got onto DJI support again to see what the issue could be. I am using latest version of the IOS app 1.0.4. and latest firmware 1.0.4

please see attached photos to show you it isnt working.

Maybe it is because I am too close to the Red Zone? I just noticed a circle around the drone - and part of this is in the RED area. could this be the issue?
If that is the case I will never be able to fly my drone near my home :-(

mavic-mini-error-02.jpg
mavic-mini-error-03.jpg
mavic-mini-error-04.jpg

Attachments

• mavic-mini-error-01.jpg
    mavic-mini-error-01.jpg
    348.6 KB · Views: 11
I just noticed a circle around the drone - and part of this is in the RED area. could this be the issue?

I'm not sure what that circle is. Can you check what you have your max distance set at in the settings? Maybe reduce it to 100 meters and see if that circle gets smaller and you can take off? Same with max altitude. Reduce that to something under 30 meters and see what happens.

I'm new to all of this, but that's my guess.

In that second photo you sent, in the bottom left corner, where it says 'CANCEL' click on that instead of clicking on "unlock" see if that doesn't get you going. works for me. I know it doesn't make sense, but it works most of the time. after that don't try to take off auto, after you get 8 satellites pull both sticks in the bottom corners and take off manually by pushing the left stick up. lots of luck.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maliyindian