DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Update - Firmware Release - [OP: Mavic Mini DOES NOT support unlock in no fly zones yet!]

I can see AC firmware upgrade as well can go to app store and see new 1.04 app, I just don't know if I should do it? I'm also in Blue zone it would be so cool to finally fly in my house without aluminum foil on top...

I can see AC firmware upgrade as well can go to app store and see new 1.04 app, I just don't know if I should do it? I'm also in Blue zone it would be so cool to finally fly in my house without aluminum foil on top...
This is the upgrade we've been waiting for. Go ahead and update. If you'd like, there are videos at the DJI website on how to upgrade. My suggestion would be to ensure your phone is charged ... it takes upwards of 10 minutes to update the firmware.

Well still does not work for me. I’m in a zone where president trump is at the moment. I get the unlock checkboxes but still get the error message. Dji support said that fly safe would contact me within 48hrs.
if anybody else is in south Florida and is having the same issue or fix I would appreciate any feedback.
Best wishes for the new year guys! ;)

I am not seeing the update in the ios app store.
i did not get the update reminder next to the app either go in app store select purchased and when you see the fly app it will say update and then just proceed from there

Unfortunately I’m still not able to fly blue zone or enhanced zone. Have not even been prompted with the checkbox stuff. :{
Please confirm you've updated your mobile devices application. Follow the complete instructions on how to update both the firmware for the controller, the Mini and updating the app.

If you've done all of these steps and confirmed you're running the current firmware, the next step would be to contact DJI Support.

Have you tried initiating a take off? That's when I saw the checkbox appear.

Yeah. When I attempt to take off nothing happens. The LED on the drone turns red, and then the app says I’m in a restricted zone... which according to the map on the dji app and the before you fly app.. I’m in a blue zone, not a red one. :(

Did not work for me. I attempted to take off outside of a red restricted zone. I was within a blue zone. I had previously obtained LAANC approval, which I appreciate is unrelated however I made sure that my aircraft restrictions in DJI Fly were within the limits of my LAANC authorization. Could not take off. Incidentally, I brought my Mavic Air as a backup and was able to fly from the very same location after a self-unlock.

I didn’t get any kind of code sent to me to enter.

Any thoughts?

Attachments

• 9D1CBCED-CB9F-4AD9-A632-3799AF567D8A.png
    9D1CBCED-CB9F-4AD9-A632-3799AF567D8A.png
    198.8 KB · Views: 40
  • 80428C39-2625-4092-89BA-FF65B9FB38F0.png
    80428C39-2625-4092-89BA-FF65B9FB38F0.png
    460.2 KB · Views: 41
  • 699905D4-50EC-457D-8D8E-C584E7C5B029.png
    699905D4-50EC-457D-8D8E-C584E7C5B029.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 39
  • CEEDC020-BE06-4612-9178-DAE32A32D742.png
    CEEDC020-BE06-4612-9178-DAE32A32D742.png
    373.5 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:
Did not work for me. I attempted to take off outside of a red restricted zone. I was within a blue zone. I had previously obtained LAANC approval, which I appreciate is unrelated however I made sure that my aircraft restrictions in DJI Fly were within the limits of my LAANC authorization. Could not take off. Incidentally, I brought my Mavic Air as a backup and was able to fly from the very same location after a self-unlock.

Any thoughts?

As you noted the LAANC authorization is not related. Your Mavic Air and Mavic Mini use different DJI applications on the mobile device.

Suggestion
For those interested in assistance, I would encourage you to first triple check the firmware versions of the drone and the controller, and then triple check the application version for your device. After the update, I would shut everything down and restart ... including your mobile device.

If you are still having issues, feel free to post those issues here. Also let us know what device you are using with the DJI Fly application. In other words... "still does not work" posts should include what firmware you are running and details about your device.

Current Versions as of this post...
  • Aircraft Firmware: v01.00.0400
  • Remote Controller: v01.00.0400
  • DJI Fly App iOS: V1.0.4
  • DJI Fly App Android: V1.0.4
If you're all up-to-date, my guess is we can not help - you'll have to contact DJI Support - but we can try.

Reactions: LibbyLA
Yes but the unlock feature should have been present day one, no mention of a fix relating to Mini dropping height for no apparent reason, hopefully another update will follow shortly as this is my only concern with the AC. PS I’d also like to see the spark features returned in future updates once AC flight is reliable.

Also allow the litchi app to work, litchi app in my opinion is much better then the DJI fly app.

Any thoughts?

UPDATE: for some reason the app on my iPad Mini was not update (firmware was up to date). I think that was the issue. I haven’t tested it yet but was optimistic to see all kinds of license related things (including today’s license) in the app once I loaded the latest version.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pleopard