DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Update - Firmware Release - [OP: Mavic Mini DOES NOT support unlock in no fly zones yet!]

My app didn’t update either, I downloaded the latest app from the DJi website and updated using that. Interestingly the website description still says it is version 1.03 but the download was named 1.04. Once it updated the app version did report as 1.04

Android update is rolling, meaning the new version will be available batch by batch, so it's normal if yours is still 1.03 I think

Unfortunately it doesnt work for me -
I am in a blue authorized zone - which I have unlocked via the website. The serial number I used for the remote control, i took from the app as per the instructions - however, when i read the serial number on the back of the rc remote, it is different to that shown on the app - show i have unlocked using both serial numbers.

I am on IOS 13 with
  • Aircraft Firmware: v01.00.0400
  • Remote Controller: v01.00.0400
  • DJI Fly App iOS: V1.0.4

when open the fly app it shows that i am in a blue authorized area - however, when i connect the remote and it picks up the satellites it puts me in a red no fly zone - I am quite close to a red zone as i live near to an airport, but i also tried flying it further away from my house, with the same result.
I have turned off and on, the drone, remote and phone and nothing has helped.

Any help would be appreciated - i will have to get onto DJI again about this. I am very disappointed to be honest.
the 2 small red dots indicate where i tried to fly from.

dji-map-errorimage-01.jpg

... when open the fly app it shows that i am in a blue authorized area - however, when i connect the remote and it picks up the satellites it puts me in a red no fly zone ...

Sorry about your troubles. I do not have any suggestions other than contacting DJI Support via chat or phone.

Curious has to how good a satellite connection you have since you're being placed in a red zone.

Sorry about your troubles. I do not have any suggestions other than contacting DJI Support via chat or phone.

Curious has to how good a satellite connection you have since you're being placed in a red zone.
thanks - it picked up 5-7 satellites depending on when i tried it. I was just onto online chat at DJI - they were hopeless just told me to contact [email protected] which i will do, but i know they take days to respond.

thanks - it picked up 5-7 satellites depending on when i tried it. I was just onto online chat at DJI - they were hopeless just told me to contact [email protected] which i will do, but i know they take days to respond.

The new firmware requires more satellites to launch. That might be the issue. From the release notes...
  • Added feature that disables takeoff when the GPS signal is weak (GPS <8) and the environment light is not sufficient. This feature can be disabled manually (requires DJI Fly v1.0.4 or later).

Reactions: Thomas B
update - i just tried it again and although it gave me a red geo zone area - it did allow me to take off and unlock the area from the app. This is weird coz it wouldn't let me take off earlier, maybe it was the satellite issue as you said Steve495.
It seems to work now, looking forward to trying it properly. Thanks for the advice!

update - i just tried it again and although it gave me a red geo zone area - it did allow me to take off and unlock the area from the app. This is weird coz it wouldn't let me take off earlier, maybe it was the satellite issue as you said Steve495.
It seems to work now, looking forward to trying it properly. Thanks for the advice!
Yeah, I'm thinking it's satellite issue. Ideally I would be looking for 10 or 11. (That said, I'm still new at this.)

Reactions: petercu1
My app didn’t update either, I downloaded the latest app from the DJi website and updated using that. Interestingly the website description still says it is version 1.03 but the download was named 1.04. Once it updated the app version did report as 1.04

try try again, winners never quite, loosers never e
Yeah, I'm thinking it's satellite issue. Ideally I would be looking for 10 or 11. (That said, I'm still new at this.)

I would like to know how many minis have been returned for a refund because they couldn't get them off the ground. I'm betting LOTS.

Problem solved for me with 1.0.4. ? You were unable to choose mini (it wasn't among the options) on the website. Now you can choose and apply through their website. Getting the code to your mobile number, you are entering and it's done.

they were hopeless just told me to contact [email protected] which i will do, but i know they take days to respond.
You will get an answer in about 60 minutes as they work around the clock. It happened for me yesterday on the 31st of December.
The Unlock instructions for two distinctive ways, have been posted here.

With the new update, you can't take off indoors without my phone plugged in!!!

Last edited:
With the new update, you can't take off indoors without your phone plugged in
This is true as otherwise you cannot override and unlock. Whoever wants to fly without phone connected should stay on version .0300

Reactions: Thomas B
It is not the RC or AC S/N you enter on the website, it's the FC (flight control) S/N it is asking for.

Is there any way and downgrade?
Sure it is. The DJI Assistant allows you to do this (downgrade). The problem would be what to choose, fly without phone in the dark or twilight or be able to unlock "Blue Authorization zones" in the new firmware. Tough choice, isn't it ?

It is not the RC or AC S/N you enter on the website, it's the FC (flight control) S/N it is asking for.
I am not sure what that means. Are you saying that, when requesting to unlock via the DJI website you do not enter the RC serial number? That is what I've always entered for my Mavic Air and Spark and the website prompt was the same: "Input your flight controller serial number."

I ask because I don't think I've got this figured out/working yet. I tried to obtain an unlock code earlier today and entered my RC serial number. It generated an unlock authorization which I can see in DJI Fly but there are no codes loaded on the AC and in the app's unlock screen it says that the AC is not connected (although it is as I have video transmission and can control the gimbal). I haven't been able to to confirm that my code is working because it is windy as all get out today so no flying for me.

I feel as if DJI has made this overly complicated with the Mini.

You answered your own question. It told you to enter your flight controller S/N, not your remote control S/N. Look in the About section of settings in the app. It will show the FC S/N separately from the RC S/N and A/C S/N. I understand the FC S/N is also printed inside the battery cavity.

It's the same process for the M2 and probably M1.

DJI should have a system in place on their website validating the entered S/N.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Opus3