DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Update - Firmware Release - [OP: Mavic Mini DOES NOT support unlock in no fly zones yet!]

I don't know but I been able to fly since I got the MM in November, I also live in the blue zone but get a box before I fly and stating to take responsibility for flying, also before that I go on KittyHawk and request flight time and get it every time. I don't post much but read about people not being able to fly in blue zone's, I guess I been the lucky guy here.
13_2x.gif

I don't know but I been able to fly since I got the MM in November, I also live in the blue zone but get a box before I fly and stating to take responsibility for flying, also before that I go on KittyHawk and request flight time and get it every time. I don't post much but read about people not being able to fly in blue zone's, I guess I been the lucky guy here.
13_2x.gif

me too. few kilometers from airport, after the drone takes off, there's a warning about taking full responsibility for flying, but then I could fly like normal.

been wondered why ?

I'd love to see Litchi add on screen stick controls for the mini so I can leave the remote behind. Some version of Follow/Active track would be amazing. Litchi: If you're listening . . . .
I would be happy just too get the litchi app on my iPad working with the mini. I now have the app on my iPad, but DJI hasn't enabled it yet for the mini. works with my pro3 and my spark, not the mini.

me too. few kilometers from airport, after the drone takes off, there's a warning about taking full responsibility for flying, but then I could fly like normal.

been wondered why ?
Hey we been the lucky one's here I'm pretty sure there are other's out there that been able to fly but haven't read about them yet, maybe there to busy flying and don't come on this forum.

been wondered why ?

just be thankful it works, mine works too' same message, I just delete the message and fly

I contacted DJI, and they told me I would be responsible for shipping if I wanted to return the Drone, and I was out of the 7 Day return window cuz I purchased it two weeks ago. I contacted PayPal just in case this morning told them I have all the necessary documentation as to being misled to when the firmware would be released, as of right now this drone is inoperable. They said with the information I have for PayPal the agent told me there should be no reason I can't get my refund and to get the seller to pay for the return shipment. I hate the fact that DJI has no transparency on this issue and the only response we get is a generic message of a late-december firmware release
I’m not here to bash DJI, their drones are very good and they do a great job for the most part building and marketing them. But their customer service is atrocious. I’ve never had a good experience over the phone with them

I’m not here to bash DJI, their drones are very good and they do a great job for the most part building and marketing them. But their customer service is atrocious. I’ve never had a good experience over the phone with them
If you paid with pay pal, go to pay pal, fill out the form (was not as advertised) file a complaint, pay pal will contact them, in a few days you will get an email with a prepaid return sticker , I've had to do this a few times myself, for different items that weren't right, so I know it works.
If you paid with pay pal, go to pay pal, fill out the form (was not as advertised) file a complaint, pay pal will contact them, in a few days you will get an email with a prepaid return sticker , I've had to do this a few times myself, for different items that weren't right, so I know it works.
[/QUOTE]
let me add, if you paid with a credit card, call the credit card company and deny the charge, the will ask you the reason, explain to them that it won't work.

Last edited:
Reactions: javipiloto
just be thankful it works, mine works too' same message, I just delete the message and fly
I live in an Authorization zone for a very small local airport. Still can't fly here at all. I have no option to delete the message.

Mine show Red Geo Lock, when I click takeoff is shows blue authorization, I click unlock anmnnddddddd nothing

let me add, if you paid with a credit card, call the credit card company and deny the charge, the will ask you the reason, explain to them that it won't work.

Bought my Dji Mini on the 12th of November. We are the 30th of December and I still can't use it because I'm leaving in a Blue Zone due to a secondary airport which is miles from my home. Desperately waiting for an update which was supposed to come in "Late December" .Such a Shame. Such a disrespect for customers. I Have no words.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lifeisfun
I would like politely disagree with you, I have been using litchi for several years with my other drones, works every time.
happy new year
If geofencing were only app based, then why would the flysafe database be uploaded to the AC?
I could see Litchi automatically sending the AC acceptance of enhanced warning zones, but I doubt it can for authorization zones without user interaction.

Reactions: Garbage
Bought my Dji Mini on the 12th of November. We are the 30th of December and I still can't use it because I'm leaving in a Blue Zone due to a secondary airport which is miles from my home. Desperately waiting for an update which was supposed to come in "Late December" .Such a Shame. Such a disrespect for customers. I Have no words.

you are not alone, hundreds, if not thousands just like you, pitiful, pitiful, shame shame DJI,
the litchi app (if they ever get around to let litchi allow it) will fix that.

If geofencing were only app based, then why would the flysafe database be uploaded to the AC?
I could see Litchi automatically sending the AC acceptance of enhanced warning zones, but I doubt it can for authorization zones without user interaction.

I can only no from my experience with litchi, I have never had a problem with geo fencing and I live approx. 3 miles from a major international airport and the east west runway take offs and landings are directly over my house.

Just tried my drone again indoors. “Unable to lift restrictions”. I suspect those of you that are allowed to fly are only in enhanced warning zones and not actually in blue zones. Enhanced warning zones are not as locked down as blue auth zones.

Reactions: Th3DroneroGT
Just tried my drone again indoors. “Unable to lift restrictions”. I suspect those of you that are allowed to fly are only in enhanced warning zones and not actually in blue zones. Enhanced warning zones are not as locked down as blue auth zones.

I'm beginning to believe DJI is going to get a ton of mavic minis back. Ebay will be full of minis for sale

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dochavez1986