DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

update on recent mod to front arms of MM

Just received the tape from Amazon, and I can confirm it significantly changes the torsional characteristics of the front arms, you can still get a little twist on them but nothing in comparison to the stock arm. I’m very impressed with the tape, great suggestion. ?
Oh and it also sticks like ‘s##t to a blanket’ and hardly noticeable when applied.
Got a pic to sure how you applied it?

And great saying ? not heard that one before.

Last edited:
Reactions: Capt KO
you have to be careful that you dont go to far towards the inside of the arm as this will hit the body of the drone and impede the arm from fully closing i found the sweet spot by trial and error

Reactions: Capt KO
got the landing gear off ebay just type in MM landing gear and it should come up

Reactions: Garcino
Just received the tape from Amazon, and I can confirm it significantly changes the torsional characteristics of the front arms, you can still get a little twist on them but nothing in comparison to the stock arm. I’m very impressed with the tape, great suggestion. ?
Oh and it also sticks like ‘s##t to a blanket’ and hardly noticeable when applied.
Did you get 3/4" or 1"?

great, i have not here this kind of tape....i have to instal those plastic pieces

i am from Romania, i will try to find again, also tomorrow i will receive those plastic pieces and i will try to see if it will fit to change the foam
on amazon is too expensive including the shipping to bucharest, i don't want to spend so much money for a tape :) will try with plastic 3d printed, thank you

So an update on the tape I used on the front arms. I was out flying today in winds around 16 mph, the Mini sounded odd and kept dipping front right prop, it was almost like the stiffened arms had set up a resident frequently, it was not happy at all. I removed the tape, which changed the tone and flew more stable, however I did get some prop strikes. I’ve got some new motor covers which are much better than the Sunnylife covers, will report back.

Reactions: old man mavic
well so far my stiffeners have worked well, no prop strikes as yet ,so at the moment i can only say that for me it has worked

I’ve got some new motor covers which are much better than the Sunnylife covers, will report back.
If you could, please tell us about your new motor covers and your comparison to the Sunnylife covers. Thanks in advance.

I'm waiting for these, hopefully they are better than the Sunlife people have reported NG. On there way rom China now

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    34.6 KB · Views: 40
Reactions: Mrveronn
I'm waiting for these, hopefully they are better than the Sunlife people have reported NG. On there way rom China now
Hi, yes I’ve fitted these tonight, observations over the Sunnylife covers, firstly I fitted the props to the covers first, they seated firmly without binding the props (the Sunnylife cover trapped the props). Secondly, the screws come pre coated with thread lock and you get a mini screwdriver also. Hovers fine indoors, will test tomorrow and report back.5BD7417B-75D5-4486-954D-EDB28F0A3C77.jpegAEA942F2-54D7-4A59-814E-3FFFD2F52DFA.jpeg0EAE7CC8-8558-47B2-BBE6-A4AC30E17DB8.jpeg

Any Reason you fitted Props First?

Mine are in Shenzhen, Quangdong :)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman