DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Updated 4/23 Smart controller and Remote controller connected Finally! Co-Pilot Ready!

Michigan: The issue is not PC or Mac-related, DJI just posted the firmware updates BEFORE they made sure that Google and Apple posted the updated Go4 app for their two operating systems.

The problem with Apple is, when there's no update, you THINK you have the latest version but often, you do not. So, we all have to wait for these two companies to double check their versions of Go4 and then make the updates available. The iOS version is still not available as of this writing. And, since I know I will have to re-enter most of my important settings when the new version is available, I've deleted Go4 from both my flying iPad and my iPhone. When you do this with iOS and the app has not been updated, you will see the download icon "from the cloud." Having done this In the past, when I was waiting for an update and it became available, the "cloud" icon was not there indicating to me that the new version had to come from Apple's servers, not my iCloud space. So, I'm hoping that will be the case this time and meanwhile, I just keep checking Updates. Hope that helps.

I appreciate the insight kilo[emoji106].
In the meantime, I dusted off my Sony Viao and am loading up the assistant app. Hoping and waiting for the 4.3.16 version ?

Has anyone found this update yet? Thanks in advance.
  • DJI GO 4 App iOS: v4.3.16

Finally!
I was able to connect my RC and SC successfully today.

968d20790d17cc7beb127cafc6ff28fc.jpg

Reactions: DebianDog
I just noticed that one screen says 6’, and the other 20’ distance. It was closer to 6’. I wonder why that is?

looks like the iPad is set in meters and the SC is in feet? i can see the 'm' clearly on the ipad so assuming the SC is in feet as that would be the correct conversion to 6m.

Edit: iPad is also in Km/h and the SC in MPH

looks like the iPad is set in meters and the SC is in feet? i can see the 'm' clearly on the ipad so assuming the SC is in feet as that would be the correct conversion to 6m.

Edit: iPad is also in Km/h and the SC in MPH

Wow,Duh!! Good eye[emoji106]. I looked at my pictures closely and you’re absolutely correct. Thanks for clearing that up.

Wow,Duh!! Good eye[emoji106]. I looked at my pictures closely and you’re absolutely correct. Thanks for clearing that up.

no problem - nice job on getting this to work; now the next rabbit out of the hat will be to get the goggles to work w/ the co-pilot setup :)

mavicn: I'm curious where you learned this factoid, did I miss it in the manual update? (I just re-read the Dual Controller section and see no mention of the SC.)

There is no SC update, I think some people are confused - this one was just an update for the Mavic 2 itself and also the non-SC GO4 App.

What exactly is the purpose of all this ??? As I've read through all the comments and still can't figure it out ???

What exactly is the purpose of all this ??? As I've read through all the comments and still can't figure it out ???

One can concentrate on flying, the other on the camera. Both can still control and see everything.

You can teach someone to fly, but still have complete control with the Primary controller
It’s Cool [emoji41]

You can also play a trick on someone by letting them fly the drone, and then fly it crazily hiding behind a tree with the Primary [emoji38]

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boatdoc