DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Updated Android DJI GO4 v4.1.18 released 28th Nov

OzoneVibe

Reactions
Only just noticed the update is available. Still v4.1.18. Build 2027953.

Anyone know what's changed, fixed (,screwed ;))?

After having had perfect video feed since 4.1.18 came onto the scene ... this update is possibly just for me ... to pixelate it. LOL! :p

Was out this afternoon. >600m range, 50m height, perfect video link at all times.

Reactions: Bunny Too
4.1.18 hosed my video. I had to downgrade to 4.1.15 which works well. Using a Tab A.

I upgraded only to have the video feed go out and the app would not register my battery. The RC shows battery %. I went back to previous app (4.1.15) and all works fine now.

I upgraded only to have the video feed go out and the app would not register my battery. The RC shows battery %. I went back to previous app (4.1.15) and all works fine now.
Was this TODAY's 4.1.18 that you tried?

Unfortunately, that is not one character different to last week's text.
No, however DJI cannot be expected to do business in the way we are accustomed. From their veiwpoint the bugs were introduced in the latest app update, fixed in a quickly released patch to the latest update, why admit fault and lose face; I think it is apperent DJI haves a business model many of us are unfamiliar with. That being said l I flew today three batteries with the latest firmware and app updates (today's included) and had no issues. No pixalization, hovers steady as a monument from ground level to, well, a high altitude. The pictures and videos came out fine like they always have. I am running a stock Mavic, 64gb ultra high speed card, always use the latest firmware and app updates. Have never calibrated anything. Use a nvidia shield k1 nougat tablet.

Last edited:
Reactions: OzoneVibe
If only we knew what has been "fixed". It would be so useful to know.

If only we knew what has been "fixed". It would be so useful to know.
And I empathize with you OzoneVibe, I just do not think the company feels it is our right or prerogative to know their "backroom" shenanigans. Global commerce is a double edged sword.

And I empathize with you OzoneVibe, I just do not think the company feels it is our right or prerogative to know their "backroom" shenanigans. Global commerce is a double edged sword.
It worries me little. Mine has been behaving as superbly as always on the last micro update of 4.1.18, in all respects (ignoring overexposed PanoramaSpheres - perhaps that's all that's changed).
But, for some/many there have been significant issues. It's not as if DJI can pretend they never existed.
As a result, some have felt the necessity to revert to 4.1.15.
These people need the comfort of knowing what has been fixed. With no hint this is difficult to even start to know.
HOPEFULLY, someone will test and detect the difference and, if the video issue has been fixed, they may be able to return to the current version.
It's for them I'd like to find out what's changed.
Never having had the video problem, I'm not in a position to test, or I would.

Reactions: Bunny Too
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
robqwe