DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Updated drone now has a solid red critical error light

Andtheotherone

Reactions
I bought a new Mavic mini and before attempting to fly it, I updated all the firmware to the latest one and I have the latest version of the app, everything looked good except it had a solid red light on the drone and wouldn’t start the propellers however the message says fly with caution, which implies I should still be able to take off, am I missing anything?? 48878D27-38D3-4A0F-AEFA-290CCEEBDD8A.jpegCFBAC9B5-8929-4844-8372-DFEC777678CB.png

Yeah, "Critical Error" on the solid red staus light doesn't teel one much as to what is critically failing.
The only thing I can think of is to try to reflash the update. Maybe it did not take.
One thing (anecdotal) I noticed was when I activated my Mav Gen I 3 years ago, the drone signal (occusync) was blowing out my wifi signal. I used a LAN cable/hardwired and then the activation went thru happy, happy, happy.
You might also want to look into reflashing the AC firmware, and if there are still issues, try it again with a hardwire/LAN cable (no wifi for updating)

Reactions: theDRONEranger
The only thing I can think of is to try to reflash the update. Maybe it did not take.
One thing (anecdotal) I noticed was when I activated my Mav Gen I 3 years ago, the drone signal (occusync) was blowing out my wifi signal. I used a LAN cable/hardwired and then the activation went thru happy, happy, happy.
You might also want to look into reflashing the AC firmware, and if there are still issues, try it again with a hardwire/LAN cable (no wifi for updating)
Possible, but unlikely. Try re-binding a controller to the Mini:

"DJI Mavic Mini: How To Link To The Remote Controller | Heliguy"

Reactions: Andtheotherone
two things, when you did the update and the drone switched itself off while the RC updated than at the end and the screen says update successful restart drone did you do that part ,it needs to be done before you switch off the RC and device,as it then makes sure everything is stored in the drone

Last edited:
Reactions: theDRONEranger
Yeah, "Critical Error" on the solid red staus light doesn't teel one much as to what is critically failing.

Hi, I've tried this, I also tried changing the battery and then refreshing the update on the controller and drone again through wifi and cabled connection. Thank you though! After a bit of googling the issue, it actually seems I'm not the only one with this problem. DJI have suggested sending it to their repair centre place and doing tests on it to see why it's not working.

to things when you did the update and the drone switched itself off while the RC updated than at the end and the screen says update successful restart drone did you do that part ,it needs to be done before you switch off the RC and device,as it then makes sure everything is stored in the drone

Yeah I tried this too, still no luck, thank you for replying. I think I may have to send it back :(

Shows you have no GPS signal.

The battery needs to be charged to full before your first flight. I assume you did this but if you didn't, then do it. They are in hibernation mode when shipped. On mine, when I see red it's time to re-charge.

And that would be a blinking red light....not a solid red light...
All explained on page 12 of the MM manual...

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tenakeetwo