DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Updated firmware

Yeah ... I noticed that. *chuckles* ;)
Yeah and I've taken it and passed 3 times, and still haven't left the ground yet!:mad: Then every time I power down the drone, and RC,then power up again, there it is again! It also says that you can only cancel taking it 4 times? Then what? Do your pants catch fire?

I've got a question for DJI! How many times will a customer take your irritating QUIZ,before they get mad and sell the drone?

I've got a question for DJI! How many times will a customer take your irritating QUIZ,before they get mad and sell the drone?
After you take the quiz sync your flight record. That's what I did. I flew a few times after my quiz and it hasn't come back yet.

I read on the DJI forum that some solved the problem by removing then reinstalling, but maybe it has more to do with staying logged into the app or maybe it is a bug (I'll be optimistic about last one).

Has anyone skipped the "quiz" 4 times, to see what happens? I'm betting that your hair and pants catch on fire!:rolleyes: That little quiz is to use against you as knowledge base, if you are caught violating any of the rules.You are "on the record" as to having shown that "you know" the rules! Like flying out of sight! "You knew better than to........"! I also like the option of broadcasting your info while in flight! But you can choose to not broadcast it in the app! But I'll bet a dollar against a donut, that it still broadcasts your Mavic's serial number, even if you elect to not enable the feature? Then DJI will be more than happy to hand over the needed information, once they have the serial numbers!:( DJI hasn't done anything to earn anyone's trust (other than the Government),and it's getting worse by the day. A "forced" update is just another reason NOT to trust them. The old smoke and mirrors game!

Last edited:
Just fly with your phone in airplane mode.
You are flying an airplane, after all!

My friend was forced to do the update on his Mavic today! After bypassing the up date notice he flew, then landed. Then on the second attempt, his Mavic wouldn't arm the motors or lift off. He got another warning to update the firmware. After updating the firmware, he had to update his GO4 app also. Then he had to take a test from DJI. After taking the test and lying to pass it he could fly again, but then another notice popped up telling him he would have to take the test again!:mad: I haven't flew my mavic in a week, but I can only expect to have to jump through hoops against get it airborne.:( This garbage is getting old fast!
Same issue here. Had to take test . aced it. then had to update forced too. Did that. Now Im using 04.0100 and I can see the screen on My Gaxaxy S5 . and a bunch of setting are messed up and or it wont connect to some. Whats next ship it back for repair. ??? Grrrr Maybe better off taking it back to Best buy and say refund me.

Reactions: Ron_Dog
Just fly with your phone in airplane mode.
You are flying an airplane, after all!
No it's not even close to a airplane!LOL! The problem is when you are using your phone while not flying the Mavic! My app updated automatically to 4.1.18 when I activated the GO 4 App.I looked down and away it was going to 4.1.18!:mad:

Last edited:
Same issue here. Had to take test . aced it. then had to update forced too. Did that. Now Im using 04.0100 and I can see the screen on My Gaxaxy S5 . and a bunch of setting are messed up and or it wont connect to some. Whats next ship it back for repair. ??? Grrrr Maybe better off taking it back to Best buy and say refund me.
Yeah,but you got "Pano Mode"in the update,;) (and a lot more, that you didn't want with it)!

Yeah,but you got "Pano Mode"in the update,;) (and a lot more, that you didn't want with it)!
It would be all fine if I could actually fly again with all the updates they have done. Instead I get a grounded aircraft that shows pixels on my screen so I can even see whats what . and everything is a mess now. I couldnt fly if I wanted too. Great going DJI . whats next . ???

I'm using a Sony xz as one of my devices, you don't need caching turned on

After you have finished flying before you turn anything off press the play symbol bottom right to download to phone

It would be all fine if I could actually fly again with all the updates they have done. Instead I get a grounded aircraft that shows pixels on my screen so I can even see whats what . and everything is a mess now. I couldnt fly if I wanted too. Great going DJI . whats next . ???

I've got the same problems as above after the update but I can still fly using Litchi although the DJI update has caused some problems there too, such as the telemetry gets stuck at various points and there is a bit of lag sometimes but its better than the mess you get on Go 4. You broke it DJI so please fix it.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
InspectorTom