DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Updating to V01.00.0620

Jamie Preston

Reactions
Been stuck on 49% now for about 5 minutes, I got a message said to plug data cable into the back of the aircraft and then unplug.... it did this. Should the other end of the data cable been plugged into something too?? Seems to be in limbo at 49% updates???

I normally prefer to use DJI Assistant 2 on the PC to update the RC and PC, it just seems a more stable process.

Reactions: hiflyer201
This is going to sound daft, I know - but where do you find the DJI Assistant 2 that they talk about in the video? I have looked down my internet list and it isn't there. (The list on the left that comes up with the places you save).

The more I try to find about flying the drone, the more confused I am getting. Do I have to update the controller and helicopter? Or can you just fly it as is and not worry about it?

This is going to sound daft, I know - but where do you find the DJI Assistant 2 that they talk about in the video? I have looked down my internet list and it isn't there. (The list on the left that comes up with the places you save).

The more I try to find about flying the drone, the more confused I am getting. Do I have to update the controller and helicopter? Or can you just fly it as is and not worry about it?

For the MA1, it's at the bottom of this webpage

Usually DJI Go4 will tell you when there is a firmware update for the remote controller and the aircraft and you can use DJI Go4 to update but it's a bit more prone to error.
The DJI Assistant 2 process is an alternative and I find it to be more controlled and less risky process

Reactions: dawgpilot
Been and had a look - there are two thigs:
Download exe
Download zip

which one do I need? Or is one for the helicopter and one for the control centre?

Wow that was quick. Thank you very much. Is it a necessary thing to do? I worry I am going to get these things wrong and muck the whole lot up.

As I mentioned the DJI Go4 will notify you when there is an update required, with the MA1 given that it's out of production you might already be up to date.
I'm not expecting any further firmware upgrades as the model has been superseded

Been and had a look - there are two thigs:
Download exe
Download zip

which one do I need? Or is one for the helicopter and one for the control centre?

Download.exe for both the remote controller and aircraft, follow the video explicitly

I shall have a look and see if I can manage it. Thank you for your help. I have been trying to get DJI to help, but they expect you to understand everything... I think it is a bit beyond me to be honest.

.exe is a program ready to execute. The .zip is the same app compressed to save file size and help speed the download. The zip file will expand to become identical to the .exe.

Anybody knows what is the last firmware version? My MA1 ha V01-000420 and the App says "Last Version".Where the version in the title of this discussion is coming from?

I received my MA1 in october 2019. When I started for the first time I was prompted to upgrade the firmware for both RC and model and I made it. After that no more prompt was given by DJI4 App and, when I switch on the model, the firmware check says "Last version".I never used DJI assistant 2.
Another qwestion: what is the last version of RC firmware?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiraMir