DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Upgrade in Mavic Zoom

Jorge Vergara Latoja

Reactions
Hi guys.! A cordial greeting to each of you. I don't know if this has already been discussed in any forum before and if so, I would appreciate it if you could direct me to them. I have a practically new Mavic Zoom, I previously sold my Mavic Pro and in order not to spend the money, I decided to buy the Zoom. Today I am interested in changing the camera for the Mavic 2 Pro, but I want to be completely sure that I will not have major problems in being able to do it, I have seen tutorials on YouTube in different scenarios in which they have made this change without problems, a plug and play. If any of the community has already made this change, I will appreciate your comments to be able to make the decision to make the purchase and upgrade my drone. Thanks.

I kind of guessed that would be possible. So to be clear, you want to go from Mavic 2 Zoom to Mavic 2 Pro camera right? Sounds like a fun project!
Hi.!...That's right, I want to change the Mavic Zoom camera for the Mavic 2 Pro...apparently it would be Plug and Play, but I'm not entirely sure that it is, there are videos on YouTube where they have done it, without greater difficulties.

I've done it and its rather simple. 6 screws max. theres videos on youtube. and yes once the cameras have been swapped then the app recognizes it as either a zoom or a pro, depending which camera is on it. trick though is you dont want to be swapping back and forth too much cause the small ribbon cable connections could break, bend, or wear out. then ya be needing to replace the main mother board

Reactions: GadgetGuy
I've done it and its rather simple. 6 screws max. theres videos on youtube. and yes once the cameras have been swapped then the app recognizes it as either a zoom or a pro, depending which camera is on it. trick though is you dont want to be swapping back and forth too much cause the small ribbon cable connections could break, bend, or wear out. then ya be needing to replace the main mother board
Yes, it is really not intended to be swapped more than once or twice. It is a great upgrade though. After swapping mine, I bought a second bare brand new Mavic 2 aircraft without any camera to install the other camera on. At the time, bare Mavic 2 aircraft were $550 on eBay. They may be harder to find now, but everything else between the two aircraft is fully compatible, so you only need another bare Mavic 2 aircraft to be able to fly both drones, without ever needing to swap again. Using the same RC with both aircraft is a simple 45 second binding change, when switching between them.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ErieSkyPixel