DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Upgraded and can't go over 98'

rogerhall59

Reactions
I just did the firmware update and I cannot get the max height to go above 98' no matter what I set it at. I've turned everything off and started again after making an increase in max height. The display says 300 meters but all I can get is 98' which isn't enough to get me out of the canyon I live in. Thoughts?

Reactions: ChaseWhite
Checked to make sure you are still logged in on the app?

Yes. i shut down everything and booted up from scratch. I have made several flight and everything is normal except for this glitch.

I would suggest signing out of DJI Go4 and then logging in again. In the new firmware to start a flight you have to be logged in or else flight is limited as you describe. It is not seeing you as being logged in.

Reactions: droneboy
Thank you I will go try that and post result. I did what you said and it solved the problem. I just had a great flight! Love the forum.

put phone in airplane mode..rein stall goapp4, all fine for me

Finally sorted out my issue with my Mavic Pro not being able to fly above 30metres.
Firmware is now .900
Controller is now .900
DJI GO App is now at v4.1.3 (2903)
Previously the DJI GO App was v4.0.8
After going on to the Apps Store I downloaded the update DJI GO App v4.1.3 then when the DJI GO App was downloaded I then logged into the DJI GO App all was working great after that. Did a test fly and everything seems to be working fine now until DJI throws another spanner in the works with their dreaded updates.
Hope this may sort things out for other fellow Mavic Pilots that are having similar issues.

Same issue. 98' high and 165' radius. I took off from a boat and was recording the party cove and we began across the lake only to find the Mavic was restricted to 165' from the takeoff position and I had literally no place to land. Had to turn back to get the bird! Will update all firmware and apps. Glad I'm not the only one. Thanks for being such an awesome community!

Wow, timely thread. I had the same issue. Only 98 feet for top altitude and 150 feet distance. I reloaded the firmware on my iPad mini Ver. 2 with no luck so tried my iPhone 7. Bingo, that worked like a charm so deleted the Go 4 app from the mini and reloaded it - SUCCESS. Before launch, I rechecked all the settings but missed that the newly loaded app was set to metric so the first launch topped out at 120 feet. As soon as I set it to Imperial, it went to 120 meters. I have no idea why the Go 4 App mess up but we are up and going again. Thanks to all for leaving great info.

Reactions: mkp2020
Great help from the forum. I deleted previous version of Go4 from my iPad mini and downloaded the latest version from the App Store. Logged into the new version of Go4 and took the Mavic out for a test flight with no restrictions. I am a happy camper!

Reactions: mkp2020
Same issue. 98' high and 165' radius. I took off from a boat and was recording the party cove and we began across the lake only to find the Mavic was restricted to 165' from the takeoff position and I had literally no place to land. Had to turn back to get the bird! Will update all firmware and apps. Glad I'm not the only one. Thanks for being such an awesome community!

Worked for me too. Crazy that I almost lost it to something as stupid as that. Imagine if I woulda been on a ship or boat that refused to turn back.

Did you logged in to activate firmware. Looks like you're in that not activating and a flight limitation.

I had the same issue on ipad mini 4. Uninstalled and reinstalled. They can't write software that works.

I just did the firmware update and I cannot get the max height to go above 98' no matter what I set it at. I've turned everything off and started again after making an increase in max height. The display says 300 meters but all I can get is 98' which isn't enough to get me out of the canyon I live in. Thoughts?
Hi mate i done the samething and now i can only fly max 98 feet and can not change anything need help

Hi mate i done the samething and now i can only fly max 98 feet and can not change anything need help

Can you clarify "can not change anything", and what steps have you taken to fix the problem?

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SkyTechDji