DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Upgraded from Spark

NC_Spark_3D

Reactions
Hi from NC. I've been flying my Spark for about a year and decided to move up to the Mavic Pro (not 2). After what seemed like endless updates, I finally took my first flight today. Everything went well. I did have a couple of issues with my fat fingers pressing some of the unfamiliar button on the Mavic controller. For some reason the controller was set in the Sport mode out of the box. As I was flying it never got over 16.7 mph. I switched from Sport to regular and back but the speed never increased. The wind was 5-7 mph. Could that have caused the slower speed? Another thing I noticed was the sun glare on the clear globe over the gimbal. Should the globe be removed before flight? Thanks for looking.

glare.png

Can't say what the deal is on that speed but yes take that globe off.
Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .Thumbswayup

you will need to remove the gimbal cover if you want to get good pics and video

For some reason the controller was set in the Sport mode out of the box. As I was flying it never got over 16.7 mph. I switched from Sport to regular and back but the speed never increased. The wind was 5-7 mph. Could that have caused the slower speed?
The wind can decrease the speed or increase it when flying in the direction the wind is blowing. Make sure you have the "Multiple Flight Modes" setting enabled. When disabled, the Mavic will fly in P mode even when the Sport mode switch is enabled.

DJI-GO-Multiple-Flight-Mode.jpg

Another thing I noticed was the sun glare on the clear globe over the gimbal. Should the globe be removed before flight?
You definitely need to remove the gimbal lock before powering on the Mavic. The globe will also need to be removed if you want to eliminate the glare.

Thanks for the tips. I've turned on Multiple Flight Modes and now I'm getting about 40 mph. I flew about a mile from base on the second flight. Much smoother flight than the Spark.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54