DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Upgrading or changing Mobile device for flying (DJI Fly)

Ben_McPhee

Reactions
Hey guys, I won't bore you with the details of why I'm asking this, but...

What happens if I want to use someone else's iPhone or tablet to run DJI fly to control my drone (Mavic Air 2 if that matters). Or even an android device. Or (unlikely), a smart controller?

Does it require a lot of setup? Do I have to configure it on each device, or are my preferred or "last used" settings saved to the cloud? (Or can I make this happen somehow and pull them down from the sky when I change devices?

Hey guys, I won't bore you with the details of why I'm asking this, but...

What happens if I want to use someone else's iPhone or tablet to run DJI fly to control my drone (Mavic Air 2 if that matters). Or even an android device. Or (unlikely), a smart controller?

Does it require a lot of setup? Do I have to configure it on each device, or are my preferred or "last used" settings saved to the cloud? (Or can I make this happen somehow and pull them down from the sky when I change devices?
You can use multiple devices without much trouble.
The settings stored in the drone, like RTH height, loss of signal action etc should be unaffected.
Any other settings that you've changed from default values would need to be set again for the additional device.
If you sync your flight records to DJI's server, they should be visible in your other devices.

Just popped up today for me. I ignored it, didn’t know if it was a scam.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000