DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

UPS lost my mavic 2.....

Mrprop365

Reactions
Filed a State farm claim. They said send it in to DJI for evaluation. Got my label and shipped out the drone. Waited patiently for 3 weeks for DJI to respond with an email updating me on the repair status. Check shipping on package and it was in Texas. nothing's changed. Darn. They lost my drone. Has anyone else gone through something like this and what should I expect?

in middle of a claim and they wanted an appraisal.
Sorry to hear your drone was lost. Sounds like you'll need to file a UPS claim for them to try to track it down which should be pretty straightforward. Interesting that State Farm has asked you to deal with DJI, why?

a little confused about your question. who should i have sent it to?

in middle of a claim and they wanted an appraisal.

a little confused about your question. who should i have sent it to?
Not sure, just asking about the process. When I had a claim from State Farm (I had standalone drone insurance), they didn't ask me to send my drone anywhere. They let me keep it and just paid for me to replace it. Maybe it has changed, perhaps State Farm is into paying for repairs or the drone is covered under your existing policy? It's been awhile since I've had standalone State Farm drone but I would have told them it's a total loss and just pay the receipt. The end result is likely going to be the same, they'll probably drop you.

that doesn't make any sense. You pay for a policy to cover the drone under any type of loss. even if drone flew away you cant recover it they pay. now that its lost just have them pay what ever was covered. When I insured mine they wanted proof of purchase. I gave it to them and told them the drones values was less then the proof of purchase price . that just said in case of loss they would pay full purchase price

Reactions: mavic3usa
Filed a State farm claim. They said send it in to DJI for evaluation. Got my label and shipped out the drone. Waited patiently for 3 weeks for DJI to respond with an email updating me on the repair status. Check shipping on package and it was in Texas. nothing's changed. Darn. They lost my drone. Has anyone else gone through something like this and what should I expect?
I had much the same thing happened to me. My drone was lost somewhere after it hit the DJI shipping dock. What they did was to give me a brand new drone and did not charge it against care refresh claim. No cost to me at all. They were very Quick and I’ve been happy with their service in all cases. Good luck with your situation.

Reactions: careless

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne