DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Urgent Help required.Returning to home issues with Dji mavic Pro

I’m drawing a blank on some of the terms so forgive me...isn’t there a setting that can prevent RTH from entering a GEO? If this is set and the OP is in a NFZ or otherwise restricted, would the behavior cause it to hover? While going through settings, I recall seeing this and a warning the AC will stop at the edge of the NFZ. Just a thought since the issue hasn’t been determined.

Hard for me to see how a blocked sensor could affect RTH function; However, in software, perhaps things like that are possible.

I was thinking if the front sensors are falsely detecting something and you are at the maximum set height, the drone can’t rise to go over the obstacle so it just hovers instead of RIngTH as the OP explained.

The solution is very simple. Don't use RTH. Don't use obstacle avoidance. Just fly.

Hi guys, So here is the problem. I am having issues with Return to home function of dji mavic pro for last so many flights. I did manage to use the return to home function at the beginning when i just purchased dji mavic pro. I will give example of today's flight. I had maximum height set for 70 meter and return to home height set to 70 meter as well. When i took off i made sure that there is good GPS signal and gave drone plenty of time to record the home point. I am not getting audio warning of return to home point recorded. I flew it for few hundred meters from home point and then pressed and hold return to home button. I get audio message saying returning to home. The drone does 180 degree turn and then it flies higher to maximum height set and just hover there. Never return home. it does not move backbards or forwards . Only way to bring it home is to cancel return to home and manually bring it home. I have attached flight record for last flight. I hope somebody can help me with this problem. Many thanks guys for your time to read this.
Hi all,
Exactly the same issue here.
80 Mtrs set for max alt
50 mtrs set for RTH.
Hit RTH and the Mavic will climb to the max alt of 80 mtrs and just sit there, not to 50 as it should.
Only way to bring home is to cancel RTH and fly manually.

Hi guys, So here is the problem. I am having issues with Return to home function of dji mavic pro for last so many flights. I did manage to use the return to home function at the beginning when i just purchased dji mavic pro. I will give example of today's flight. I had maximum height set for 70 meter and return to home height set to 70 meter as well. When i took off i made sure that there is good GPS signal and gave drone plenty of time to record the home point. I am not getting audio warning of return to home point recorded. I flew it for few hundred meters from home point and then pressed and hold return to home button. I get audio message saying returning to home. The drone does 180 degree turn and then it flies higher to maximum height set and just hover there. Never return home. it does not move backbards or forwards . Only way to bring it home is to cancel return to home and manually bring it home. I have attached flight record for last flight. I hope somebody can help me with this problem. Many thanks guys for your time to read thi

Hi guys, So here is the problem. I am having issues with Return to home function of dji mavic pro for last so many flights. I did manage to use the return to home function at the beginning when i just purchased dji mavic pro. I will give example of today's flight. I had maximum height set for 70 meter and return to home height set to 70 meter as well. When i took off i made sure that there is good GPS signal and gave drone plenty of time to record the home point. I am not getting audio warning of return to home point recorded. I flew it for few hundred meters from home point and then pressed and hold return to home button. I get audio message saying returning to home. The drone does 180 degree turn and then it flies higher to maximum height set and just hover there. Never return home. it does not move backbards or forwards . Only way to bring it home is to cancel return to home and manually bring it home. I have attached flight record for last flight. I hope somebody can help me with this problem. Many thanks guys for your time to read this.
Hi, Mine was doing a similar thing. Cleaned the cameras and sensors with an earbud, recalibrated the sensors. FIXED !!.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
erhard