DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Urgent Help required.Returning to home issues with Dji mavic Pro

sanj

Reactions
Hi guys, So here is the problem. I am having issues with Return to home function of dji mavic pro for last so many flights. I did manage to use the return to home function at the beginning when i just purchased dji mavic pro. I will give example of today's flight. I had maximum height set for 70 meter and return to home height set to 70 meter as well. When i took off i made sure that there is good GPS signal and gave drone plenty of time to record the home point. I am not getting audio warning of return to home point recorded. I flew it for few hundred meters from home point and then pressed and hold return to home button. I get audio message saying returning to home. The drone does 180 degree turn and then it flies higher to maximum height set and just hover there. Never return home. it does not move backbards or forwards . Only way to bring it home is to cancel return to home and manually bring it home. I have attached flight record for last flight. I hope somebody can help me with this problem. Many thanks guys for your time to read this.

Attachments

• DJIFlightRecord_2018-03-04_[18-48-32].txt
    841.6 KB · Views: 29
Reactions: Fleaer
I am sure you have but I have to ask have you un-installed dji go app and re-installed it? and I am sure you check but did you make sure its set in the app to RTH and not hover?

what happen if you turn off the sensors? maybe it thinking there is something in front of it when there is not I would think you would get a msg saying so but worth a try? make sure to do that test in an open field as to make sure nothing would be in the way

Reactions: mmoguls
I am sure you have but I have to ask have you un-installed dji go app and re-installed it? and I am sure you check but did you make sure its set in the app to RTH and not hover?

what happen if you turn off the sensors? maybe it thinking there is something in front of it when there is not I would think you would get a msg saying so but worth a try? make sure to do that test in an open field as to make sure nothing would be in the way

Yes I have reinstalled the app and the app is set to return to home and not hover. and it shows the same behaviour if sensors are off. I do not know whats going on.

what about refreshing the firmware in the AC and remote?

The homepoint was set to 1000 mtrs?? It got to the ceiling height and sat there???

There is an option to refresh it but you have to have it hooked up to a PC

The homepoint was set to 1000 mtrs?? It got to the ceiling height and sat there???

sorry mate i did not understand what you mean... home point was set to 1000 meters what does that mean.. i simply take off and let it record the home point so how come home point is set to 1000 meters...

Thank you so very much for trying to help mate . I really appreciate it. yes i did connect it to computer to DJI assistant 2 app and reset and refreshed the firmware few times

did you manage to figure out whats the problem my friend.?

I hope somebody can figure out whats going on and what i am doing wrong.

I hope somebody can figure out whats going on and what i am doing wrong.

Make your max height higher than your RTH hight
The Mavic may be trying to achieve its RTH height before heading home, but is unable to because of the max height restriction

Reactions: Drones.n.Pixels
I have got the same problem after an accident. My mavic crashed to the ground. I think the forward sensor is breakdown. If i disconnect the RTH obstacle check. The mavic come back to home normals. But if i put RTH obstacle.check. the mavic up to max height and dont advance

I really have no idea, everything is exactly as you said, but I can't see why. I don't see on the log that any obstacles are being sensed and everything else looks normal and as it should. When the RTH button is pushed, it ascends to 70M and hovers there. What are your RTH settings set to?RTH not working.PNG

sorry mate i did not understand what you mean... home point was set to 1000 meters what does that mean.. i simply take off and let it record the home point so how come home point is set to 1000 meters...
Sorry mate I must be not understanding the data very well. I think the answer if that you had the two heights set at the same, You should set say ceiling at 120 mtrs and come home at say 70? Anyway, this is what I was on about before.Untitled.jpg

Sorry mate I must be not understanding the data very well. I think the answer if that you had the two heights set at the same, You should set say ceiling at 120 mtrs and come home at say 70? Anyway, this is what I was on about before.View attachment 33611
Oh, hadn't thought of it that way. Now I'm wondering why (if I'm reading your post correctly) the home point is being recorded on take off as being 1000 feet in the air? Maybe the OP lives on a floating island:).

I think that that signal player is for something else because I have another file and it has that height set at 260 meters. However I'm new to this so don't quote me;).

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pocki