DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

US Military pocket size drones

It just dawned on me that this is a recon drone, and not an assault drone. I wonder when the military will implement smaller scale quadcopters as attack weapons? We all know about the Predator, but that is fixed wing, and so passé. Also, who needs an AH-64 when you could have an armed-to-the-teeth octacopter with no risk to the pilot?

It's so random how the press and the government are so worried about terrorist attacks by our little hobby quadcopter drones, but our own military doesnt even have or use any.

Let's not give them more idea's Thunderdrones ;)

Reactions: Mavic Pro Platinum
VLOS would be a problem because of its size i guess. not an issue for the military in a war zone when you are being shot at. great kit if it saves lives on the battle field

Reactions: Mavic Pro Platinum
Last edited:
I saw this thread of article some time ago with the IDF using Phantom style drones at the Platoon level. So much more effective to send a drone around a corner in an urban (or any) situation than a soldier.

Israeli army bets big on small drones

America's need to spend hundreds of thousands or millions of dollars on an item that could be used quite effectively off the shelf. Quite easy to image the use of Mavic 2E Dual being used (maybe with a better FLIR camera) deployed at the squad level or in the vehicle of every supervisor in law enforcement.

It just dawned on me that this is a recon drone, and not an assault drone. I wonder when the military will implement smaller scale quadcopters as attack weapons? We all know about the Predator, but that is fixed wing, and so passé. Also, who needs an AH-64 when you could have an armed-to-the-teeth octacopter with no risk to the pilot?

It's so random how the press and the government are so worried about terrorist attacks by our little hobby quadcopter drones, but our own military doesnt even have or use any.
That we know of....

Reactions: Former Member

Maybe the US will buy Tikad Drones from Israel.

Reactions: Former Member
Maybe the US will buy Tikad Drones from Israel.

Looks like Tikad drones makes some serious drones. They have a habit of taking USA weapons and making them more awesome.

OMG. This looks like so much fun! It's the future of skeet shooting! You can have dogfights with live ammo. Im in!

Tikad drone.png

Reactions: Pietros
Looks like Tikad drones makes some serious drones. They have a habit of taking USA weapons and making them more awesome.

OMG. This looks like so much fun! It's the future of skeet shooting! You can have dogfights with live ammo. Im in!

View attachment 62818
Dogfights with live ammo - that would boost your business Thunder!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jordy