DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

US Military pocket size drones

Ah you opened my eyes to one more thing. One of the most terrorizing weapons that the Japanese used in the Pacific in WW2 was the Kamikaze. Fearless, determined, accurate, and terrifying to those on the receiving end. The Germans used the V1 and V2. Americans used carpet bombing.

Surely there must be a way, maybe there is one that I dont know of, that can use smaller scale drones to take out targets, without the cost of an AGM-65 or Tomahawk.

There are not many worthwhile targets that you could take out with the payload of a Mavic. Or even a Matrice.

As a bare explosive that has an unprotected lethal radius of less than 20 ft.

So benign! What in the world is everyone so up in arms about when they hear of a foreign power using a Phantom as a terrorist weapon? Can a Phantom carry a nuke?

How about the FBI confiscating all those Phantoms to qualm terrorist threats? I think a 20' blast radius could hurt or kill a few dozen densely populated targets...

Reactions: Mavic Pro Platinum
Can a Phantom carry a nuke?

No.

I think a 20' blast radius could hurt or kill a few dozen densely populated targets...

Sure, and has, elsewhere in the world - hence the terrorism concerns. But as a general military weapon - not so interesting.

Reactions: Mavic Pro Platinum
FLIR acquired Norwegian nano drone maker Prox Dynamics for approx. $134 million back in 2016. Prox Dynamics is the (small) company that developed the Black Hornet back in the day.
The Black Hornets ''retail'' for $40,000 a pop (I seemed to remember $60,000, so they, might have been able to decrease production cost. Or something.)

https://www.securityworldmarket.com...ian-military-drone-manufacturer1#.XFgteFxKiM8

R and D plus a 10,000% markup
Great thread and very interesting read all round. Those drones look cool AF and i bet once they are up they you wouldn't be able to see of hear them at all. But holy cow on the price tag! What on Earth is inside those tiny drones that is worth so much money??

Great thread and very interesting read all round. Those drones look cool AF and i bet once they are up they you wouldn't be able to see of hear them at all. But holy cow on the price tag! What on Earth is inside those tiny drones that is worth so much money??

You have to wonder: Could the Black Hornets contain reverse engineered technology from crashed UFOs?
(I'm actually semi serious :) )

Reactions: Former Member
You have to wonder: Could the Black Hornets contain reverse engineered technology from crashed UFOs?
(I'm actually semi serious :) )

Yes but would you really want to base a drone design on a UFO that crashed? I would want to base my design on a UFO thats still flying, but that might be hard to put a lasso around..

Yes but would you really want to base a drone design on a UFO that crashed? I would want to base my design on a UFO thats still flying, but that might be hard to put a lasso around..

Valid point!
However, I'm confident that we could learn something from an alleged time/space warping and/or dimension hopping vehicle, at least from the functions that didn't cause the failure :)

The cost is related to what is missing IMO...competitive bidding.

Basic motors and body, but I would hope all the electronics are domestic. Too easy to put nefarious back doors into processors and other chips.
I have friends that work for Intel. Intel has been working with the Military for years on Drones software and firmware. But most of them are drone that are much larger.

Reactions: Former Member
I have friends that work for Intel. Intel has been working with the Military for years on Drones software and firmware. But most of them are drone that are much larger.

There’s no way I could have listed all the companies capable of making drones like that in the US, there are so many. I bet this one is pretty old tech and there’s stuff out there that would make our jaws drop, too.

Reactions: Phxbird57

For an Agency willing to spend $640 on a toilet seat - I think this done is a BARGAIN!!!

Only the Pentagon Could Spend $640 on a Toilet Seat

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
svdroneshots