DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

US Military pocket size drones

This is great. Scouts send these things out. Find the enemy and a 10 digit grid, at Company level you call in some mortars or another kind of fire support and boom.
Sounds great for a movie or a book but when you throw real people into the mix it ends up sounding rather dark and ultimately sad imo

Reactions: Slim.slamma
Funky little drone, but it's not going to beat a Global Hawk loitering for 24 hours + at 60,000 ft, with night and day cameras capable of looking at a tick on a cow's butt, and with multiple leathal guided weapons it can casualy toss where its masters want to ... These little guys are probably going to be a lot more useful for looking round corners when ground troops are advancing on embedded opposition and will probably indicate enemy contact when they are shot out of the sky like clay-pigeons!

Reactions: mavicsupersonic
Are you sure that you are aware of what the military is using, especially for covert work? For regular military operations, small UAVs are rather limited in weapons payload, and not particularly useful when there are other, better options. Surveillance is the obvious role but is going to be fairly intensive in terms of development.

Granted but it wouldn’t take much to turn these into flying grenades. They’re big enough to shower someone close by with shrapnel.

Reactions: Mavic Pro Platinum
I like the new solar ones that can hover for days taking many wide field large resolution images the whole time making it possible to retrace and follow where specific vehicles and people went and came from before a specific event happened such as a bombing. They were able to find where a car bomb came from in a couple cases doing this as well as some of the people who made them.

Reactions: JDawg and AnzacJack
Funky little drone, but it's not going to beat a Global Hawk loitering for 24 hours + at 60,000 ft, with night and day cameras capable of looking at a tick on a cow's butt, and with multiple leathal guided weapons it can casualy toss where its masters want to ... These little guys are probably going to be a lot more useful for looking round corners when ground troops are advancing on embedded opposition and will probably indicate enemy contact when they are shot out of the sky like clay-pigeons!

Different drones different roles. If a patrol can send this little guy up to eyeball a compound in minutes then that is a win. I worked with Scan Eagle quite a bit and even that drone is needed in more places than it can be at once.

I saw another clip on this through a British news outlet since they also bought it. It fits in a kit the size of a Mavic 2 GPC case and their are two drones per kit.

Reactions: FoxhallGH
I’ve had a play with the black hornets (posted pics up quite some time ago). Australian Army been using these for a while. We also have government departments using similar, but even more impressive devices over the last 12 months or so.3687F321-152F-4C3C-8766-2CE86AB29A2B.jpeg

I like the new solar ones that can hover for days taking many wide field large resolution images the whole time making it possible to retrace and follow where specific vehicles and people went and came from before a specific event happened such as a bombing. They were able to find where a car bomb came from in a couple cases doing this as well as some of the people who made them.
these have been trialed over some small cities in Northern Africa.
Computers allocated every person/contact with a number and are able to track where every number travels. How many enter and leave buildings and as you have said, can back track and identify a group of individuals that may have come together before an event. As this tech becomes more stream lined, and facial recognition etc become more reliable, we come one step closer to George Orwell's 1984

I’ve had a play with the black hornets (posted pics up quite some time ago). Australian Army been using these for a while. We also have government departments using similar, but even more impressive devices over the last 12 months or so.View attachment 62355

How did it handle? Was it good in the wind? FLIR bought the company that makes these, I am hoping they do a consumer offering.

The UK military have been using these for years, the sightest gust and they're gone!

Never thought about that one!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Its the military version of the Tello. Prob cost $2 million each and then Gone With The Wind.

It would be interesting what the enemy would use to combat these? Maybe giant fans. lol

Reactions: Mavic Pro Platinum
I would have loved something like a Mavic when I was patrolling back in the day. Especially sitting in forward defence points. Would have save a lot of time sneaking around to check on things

sincerely I have some doubts about this tiny little thing... is it true or is it just a scam? Who knows...
This said I'm perfectly aware that the consumer market is one thing and military is something completely different (as they used to say in one Flying Circus ) but... if DJI or other could give us (consumers) something like this? Oh boys... they could sell tons and super tons of these... even at high price...

Reactions: ZooCougar
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada