DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

USB cord from Controller to Aircraft directionality

akdrone

Premium Pilot
Reactions
In the past I was confused by the fact that a cord from my Controller to my iPad would work only in one direction, thinking USB C was non directional. It may be, but DJI has definitely implemented something in a manner that some "USB-C" cords work and some don't and some that do must have the correct end inserted in the correct manner for the controller and aircraft. Others have argued against that but in anticipation of a newly ordered Tripltek I ordered a short cord and with it came directions to ensure the user put the correct end into the controller, which is marked for that, and the other end into the aircraft. I don't know what the deal is but I do know I have a few USB-C cords that I use with my iPad and I have had to mark each end so the correct and is facing the correct way or they simply won't work. If anyone has trouble connecting a USB-C cord to their devices, just know that you may have to swap ends and swap the directions the ends face to find out if it will work or simply won't work, period.

Reactions: Gagey52
USB-C plug and cable orientation isn't supposed to matter...until it does. Things can happen, designs flawed, connectors fail, etc.

Here's an article that explains some of the resons why USB-C is not as universal as we'd like to hope:

Ever notice a Lightning connector doesn't work in one orientation either? Me too. Good cables, expensive ones, cheap ones...sometimes you have to flip the connector over to get it to properly connect. I would assume it's exactly the same issue as the USB-C problem.

Reactions: Gagey52
Just a heads up AKDrones with your Tripltek. I have the T7 and couldn’t download log files by cable to my computer. I then found a setting (by accident I might add) that allows the USB port to change from charging to data downloads. You will enjoy the tripltek especially in the bright days.
Regards

Ever notice a Lightning connector doesn't work in one orientation either? Me too. Good cables, expensive ones, cheap ones...sometimes you have to flip the connector over to get it to properly connect. I would assume it's exactly the same issue as the USB-C problem.
I've never had this problem with any of my devices or cords. Apple or aftermarket, they've always worked fine without paying attention to which way I had them plugged in...unless I've just been lucky.

Good morning to all-
With my Mini 2 drones, if that cable is not inserted in the correct position, it will not load up and fly. I've fretted and worried and restarted and even thought of re-doing the app but all I had to do was flip the cable over and insert it correctly.
Whatever it takes- keep the drone happy. Much like a wife, I find.

you all be safe and keep well- Ed

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne