DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

USB DEBUGGING????

jhnix

Reactions
I have a Goggle pixel xl and the only way I can get it to talk to my DJI Mavic is it put it in developer mode and turn on USB debugging. Is this normal on Android devices or is this a special case? I'm within my 14 days to bring it back and i'm wondering if say the note 8, or the S8+ is having this issue. Can I get some info on this because I have 1 day left to decide, thanks guys!

I have never heard of this issue before. It sounds like a software issue though with the OS.

I've seen Android phones benefit (read: more stable and reliable connection) from USB debugging when using a drone, but not seen any that require it.

I never bothered looking at a Pixel 1 or 2, though.

Have you tried USB debugging off and connecting via the bottom port on the RC? (Ensure you unplug the cable from the side first).

I've seen Android phones benefit (read: more stable and reliable connection) from USB debugging when using a drone, but not seen any that require it.

I never bothered looking at a Pixel 1 or 2, though.

Have you tried USB debugging off and connecting via the bottom port on the RC? (Ensure you unplug the cable from the side first).
I've tried both the side and the bottom and it doesn't even recognized it. I went to the verizon store and the guys that work there have it on their phone and told me about the debugging and it works, but just doesn't sound right....

I have a Goggle pixel xl and the only way I can get it to talk to my DJI Mavic is it put it in developer mode and turn on USB debugging. Is this normal on Android devices or is this a special case? I'm within my 14 days to bring it back and i'm wondering if say the note 8, or the S8+ is having this issue. Can I get some info on this because I have 1 day left to decide, thanks guys!
I had a similar issue on my nexus 5x. After rebooting the phone, I would need to toggle USB debugging for my phone to connect with the remote. Though I could turn debugging off and have it still work.
However that issue was fixed in the latest android update for me.

I've tried both the side and the bottom and it doesn't even recognized it. I went to the verizon store and the guys that work there have it on their phone and told me about the debugging and it works, but just doesn't sound right....

I have to do the same on Pixel 2 XL, otherwise the phone does not see the Mavic remote. Strangely, the phone sees the Spark remote/OTG just fine w/o debug.

Just as a side note, the DJI CrystalSkys have this on by default, so I would recommend turning it on your devices.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Claybird