DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

USB on controller not working

AZrrt

Reactions
Anyone else have this issue? I have the app updated and the iPad mini hooked up with the usb cable on the bottom of the controller and always says “disconnected”. When I hook up my phone with the normal controller cable on The side it works great. Kind of annoying as I want to use my iPad

Try cable that came with the Mavic and see if the ipad can connect to the side of the RC. It won't be a convenient way to use the ipad but it should get you closer to a cause.

You know a phone works on the side with a particular cable, and the ipad does not work on the bottom with a different cable. That means there are 3 different things that could be the issue - RC port, ipad, or cable used.

You basically just need to try different ports on the RC and different cables, and ideally you'll figure out when it does and doesn't work and go from there accordingly.

What happens when you connect your phone to the bottom USB port?

I have never tried it (having both connected at once), but that always confused me, shouldn't the wire be able to be in place as long as it is not connected to anything? USB is 4 wires - a pair for data, and a pair for power. Having a cable plugged in, that is just dangling on the other end, extends those 4 wires but that's all. It doesn't short anything out or change anything at all. Why would it matter?

I have never tried it (having both connected at once), but that always confused me, shouldn't the wire be able to be in place as long as it is not connected to anything? USB is 4 wires - a pair for data, and a pair for power. Having a cable plugged in, that is just dangling on the other end, extends those 4 wires but that's all. It doesn't short anything out or change anything at all. Why would it matter?

And yet, it does.

And yet, it does.
I agree, it does, it's just baffling. Other cables can be connected and don't cause a problem - i.e. cables plugged in to collect charge from an external battery. They can run simultaneously all day long. But you take the official DJI cable that came with the Mavic, even with it just dangling, and something is different inside of it because it renders the lower USB port useless.

Micro USB has a 5th pin, so they must be doing something with it i.e. connecting it to ground or power. No idea why!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
56cbr600rr