DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Use apple air tags to locate lost drone??Seems like a no brainer.

Lots of threads in the past on this, pros and cons.
Generally useless unless direct LOS and closer than 20m or so.

Check this thread in full, or my post #15 with some Rotor Riot testing.

PS. Weird how both thread posted started off with just the same text "Seems like a no brainer."

Reactions: Aoraki and evtide
I put an AirTag in my drone case that was placed in my wife’s car before we shipped it from FL to NY. “Watched“ the car make its way up 95, around the Washington Beltway, the NJ Turnpike, etc. Maybe it was passing cars that provided the fixes, or maybe the auto carrier driver had an iPhone, but I thought it was a great example and we’re putting them everywhere - luggage, cars, etc. We even put one in our boat before Ida came through. We noticed that the boat moved significantly, and it turns out that the Marina changed the mooring the boat was on. Interestingly, the location was shown was on land, not the water. Seems like the GPS algorithm doesn’t allow it to be in a body of water.

Lots of threads in the past on this, pros and cons.
Generally useless unless direct LOS and closer than 20m or so.

Check this thread in full, or my post #15 with some Rotor Riot testing.

PS. Weird how both thread posted started off with just the same text "Seems like a no brainer."
I put an AirTag in my drone case that was placed in my wife’s car before we shipped it from FL to NY. “Watched“ the car make its way up 95, around the Washington Beltway, the NJ Turnpike, etc. Maybe it was passing cars that provided the fixes, or maybe the auto carrier driver had an iPhon Xender – Download Xender App for Android, iOS, PC & Mac 2019 e, but I thought it was a great example and we’re putting them everywhere - luggage, cars, etc. We even put one in our boat before Ida came through. We noticed that the boat moved significantly, and it turns out that the Marina changed the mooring the boat was on. Interestingly, the location was shown was on land, not the water. Seems like the GPS algorithm doesn’t allow it to be in a body of water.
thankyou!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lschabert