DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Used Mavic mini or mavic mini 2

I have been following the drone world for a couple of years now but I havent had the chance to fly or own one. recently a friend of mine has put his dji mavic mini fly more combo for sale and they are asking around 310 euro for it.

Is it worth getting the mini 1 or should I save up more money and potentially get the mini 2 with the fly more kit brand new. I am a total beginner but I am not sure if the mavic 2 is worth paying around 650 euro with the fly more kit or just pay 310 euro for a used mavic mini.
Don’t waste your money on the original mini. My friend has one. It can’t handle wind AT ALL. It will drift away, into a tree or never make it back to home. Capability in wind is critical IMO. Wind is almost always a factor when I fly. Altitude=More wind velocity. I have a MA2 and noticed a drift even with that one. My M2P handles wind like a beast.

I have been following the drone world for a couple of years now but I havent had the chance to fly or own one. recently a friend of mine has put his dji mavic mini fly more combo for sale and they are asking around 310 euro for it.

Is it worth getting the mini 1 or should I save up more money and potentially get the mini 2 with the fly more kit brand new. I am a total beginner but I am not sure if the mavic 2 is worth paying around 650 euro with the fly more kit or just pay 310 euro for a used mavic mini.
I love my Mavic Mini but have since moved up to a Mavic Air 2 and Air 2S. DJI just released the Mini SE which is a little better than the original mini and not as much as the Mini 2.

Don’t waste your money on the original mini. My friend has one. It can’t handle wind AT ALL. It will drift away, into a tree or never make it back to home.
Sorry, but as an actual owner if a Mini 1 (rather than just having a friend with one) I can definitely say that the original Mini is surprisingly good at handling moderate winds. It’s obviously not as good as a larger drone but I’ve successfully flown it in quite gusty conditions.

If money isn’t an issue, definitely get the Mini 2. However, if you are cash-limited, the Mini 1 is a great value drone.

Sorry, but as an actual owner if a Mini 1 (rather than just having a friend with one) I can definitely say that the original Mini is surprisingly good at handling moderate winds. It’s obviously not as good as a larger drone but I’ve successfully flown it in quite gusty conditions.

If money isn’t an issue, definitely get the Mini 2. However, if you are cash-limited, the Mini 1 is a great value drone.
I would agree... But there are two issues regarding the Mini 1. 1) Since it is used, can you purchase Care/Refresh? I think repairs are inevitable and no matter how careful you are there will be a crash some day. The Minis are fragile. I've cracked the hull on my Mini 2 twice. Once I got repaired through DJI repair service as I did not have C/R at the time and got it subsequently. I cracked it a second time on a failed hand catch when it just fell 2 feet to the ground. No other damage. I'm waiting for a more severe incident to make it worth sending in. 2) When it is said that the Mini 1 flies in "moderate" winds, the key is "moderate. And it is important to understand that flying in moderate winds does not mean that it is stable or more controllable- but just won't fly away. But it is important to know that there are many more reports of fly-aways with the Mini 1 vs the Mini 2. And you have to be very diligent in assessing wind conditions where you fly as some areas are more challenging in terms of predicting wind conditions on a moment to moment basis.

A *used* purchase aside... The Mini 1 is a good drone. The Mini 2 is just better for all the reasons stated. FYI, in the US a NEW Mini 1 fly more kit can be purchased for $400 USD and it would be guaranteed that care/refresh would be available. I would supposed that it would also be available outside the US.

it is important to understand that flying in moderate winds does not mean that it is stable or more controllable- but just won't fly away.
Are you saying you think the Mini 1 is unstable and difficult to control in moderate winds? I’ve yet to have a problem with shaky videos or blurred photos in moderate winds. Similarly, I’ve not had a problem controlling it.
But it is important to know that there are many more reports of fly-aways with the Mini 1 vs the Mini 2.
The Mini 2 is probably better in stronger wind but the higher number of reports for the Mini 1 may partly be because:

1. The Mini 1 has been around a lot longer, and there are probably more of them out there.
2. There’s now a lot more information available about why it can fly away and how to avoid it.

I recently made the same choice @Dave_VD and went with the MM1 despite the many good arguments here and elsewhere for the MM2 and Mini SE. Two reasons prevailed:

1. MM-SE is now available in the US and driving the price of the MM1 down – I got the MM1 fly more combo for about $250 (there's no fly more combo for the Mini SE, I believe)
2. You can fly FPV using the Litchi app – it's fun (Litchi support may eventually come but hey we live today lol)

!. MM-SE is now available in the US and driving the price of the MM1 down – I got the MM1 fly more combo for about $250 (there's no fly more combo for the Mini SE, I believe)
I got an SE fly more combo in Australia. I think it's worth checking as it may be changing month to month.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shakes60