DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Used Mavic Pro battery in sealed factory box ?

swb_mct

Reactions
I ordered a Mavic Pro battery from Amazon (sold by Iclik). The box had a factory seal but the plastic surfaces of the battery appear to be worn with burnished edges and shiny spots around the power button and on the release buttons - like shiny computer keyboard keys. I have had my other batteries for 9 months and they don't show the same wear.

Is there a test to find out if the batteries internals have a bunch of charge cycles ?

Is there a test to find out if the batteries internals have a bunch of charge cycles ?
Insert the battery into your Mavic and look in the following section of DJI GO:

DJI-GO-Battery-Times-Charged.jpg

There is a way to see “Times Charged” If you put the battery into your aircraft then connect through the app. Proceed to the settings button in the top right then go down to aircraft battery. You can then select details and will show you the relevant information.
Hope this helps.

Yes, there is a way of checking using the DJI Go 4 app. Select Battery from the menu and then Details. This will give you the status of the battery including the Serial Number which you can then check with the Serial Number on the packaging.

The times charged is 5. OEM products in the computer industry have their counters set to "0" even though production processes may involve some usage or start cycles - - such as OEM laptop batteries and all hard drives (in the bios smart-log) even though they have been run for applying disk-images, they have internal counters set to "0"

5 charge cycle is no big thing but a new product shouldn't look like its been handled and bumped around more than my 9 month old batteries.

I know this is basic, but what is the best retail source for buying authentic Mavic batteries ?

The times charged is 5.
That means the battery has been charged 10+ times since that count doesn't increment until the battery is charged 100%.

what is the best retail source for buying authentic Mavic batteries ?
Buy from DJI or an authorized DJI dealer (like your local Best Buy).

Reactions: Bob in Savannah
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
msporting