DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Used Mini 2

You don't need to buy "used". when you can buy REFURBISHED! You can get the Flymore combo for $479 through DJI.
Refurbished Mini 2 link

Often the "refurbished" units aren't refurbished at all, but overstock items that are new in every single way, down to the packaging. Two years ago I bought my Mavic 2 Pro as a refurb with the flymore kit and paid $1500 out the door when should I have purcheased a "new" unit it would have cost me $2000+ tax. I was shocked that there wasn't a single thing that wouldh have hinted that it had been "refurbished" in any way.

If you buy a refurb unit, regardless of whether it was actually refurbished or overstock, you get a warranty and can purchase Care/Refresh without jumping through hoops to prove everything is still working. If you buy used, not only will the drone and controller be used- so will the batteries which I think can be the most dubious thing of all. If you have to replace used batteries, that will eliminate the savings you get when you buy used.

Have I convinced you?

Used Mini2 or Mini 2 Fly More Combo ? Any thoughts or experience as to the best place online to buy a used drone?
I've only bought one used drone, a Mini-1 Fly More Combo. I bought it directly from someone on this forum. We agreed on the price, and when the drone arrived, everything was exactly as described, and the drone has performed flawlessly.

If you're looking for a good used Mini-2, I have two Mini-2 Fly More Combo's that I'm looking to sell to defray the cost of my upcoming Avata purchase!

Not to worry, the Mini-2 is a great bird, and I'll still have one after I sell these two.

If you're interested (or if anyone else is), please send me a private message.

Thx

If you're looking for a good used Mini-2, I have two Mini-2 Fly More Combo's that I'm looking to sell to defray the cost of my upcoming Avata purchase!
Did you buy Avata's regular controller or will you just use the joystick that comes standard? I think the Avata is the most exciting drone that DJI has come up with recently. In some ways I wish it were available a month or two earlier. I might have gone that route rather than getting a Mini 3.

Did you buy Avata's regular controller or will you just use the joystick that comes standard? I think the Avata is the most exciting drone that DJI has come up with recently. In some ways I wish it were available a month or two earlier. I might have gone that route rather than getting a Mini 3.
I'm going to get the Pro View Combo, but I haven't bought it yet. Probably just a matter of days, though...my urges toward financial responsibly just aren't that strong...

;-)

I've already got the DJI FPV Combo, so I've already got the RC-2 necessary to fly the Avata in Manual mode when I get there, which probably won't take long. It looks like Manual mode on the Avata will be a cakewalk compared to Manual mode on the DJI FPV, which I already know how to do.

I very much wanted to get the Motion Controller anyway. I saw a review vid that focused on that, that only strengthened that desire. I want to be able to give FPV demo rides to people, with their own set of goggles, and I need a second pair of goggles to do that. And the Avata itself just looks like an exceedingly cool drone and, hey, I haven't gotten a new drone in months.

;-)

The Pro View Combo has everything I want, and nothing that I don't want.

I was debating between getting a Mini-3...I have all of the other Minis, after all...a second DJI PFV for the extra goggles, or the then-mythical Avata.

Poverty prevented me from making the decision quickly. Soon-to-end poverty is the only reason I haven't bought the Avata already. But when the Avata ceased to be mythical, and actual specs and reviews came out...the decision was made.

Now, it's just a question of time. I might just do it tomorrow, or I might wait until the first paycheck from me new job, which will be around the end of the month. It just depends on whether the Little Red Devil on my left shoulder prevails, or the Little White Angel of financial responsibility on my right shoulder prevails.

But they both know which way it will eventually turn out, as I do...

1662408610741.png

I'm going to get the Pro View Combo, but I haven't bought it yet. Probably just a matter of days, though...my urges toward financial responsibly just aren't that strong...

;-)

I've already got the DJI FPV Combo, so I've already got the RC-2 necessary to fly the Avata in Manual mode when I get there, which probably won't take long. It looks like Manual mode on the Avata will be a cakewalk compared to Manual mode on the DJI FPV, which I already know how to do.

I very much wanted to get the Motion Controller anyway. I saw a review vid that focused on that, that only strengthened that desire. I want to be able to give FPV demo rides to people, with their own set of goggles, and I need a second pair of goggles to do that. And the Avata itself just looks like an exceedingly cool drone and, hey, I haven't gotten a new drone in months.

;-)

The Pro View Combo has everything I want, and nothing that I don't want.

I was debating between getting a Mini-3...I have all of the other Minis, after all...a second DJI PFV for the extra goggles, or the then-mythical Avata.

Poverty prevented me from making the decision quickly. Soon-to-end poverty is the only reason I haven't bought the Avata already. But when the Avata ceased to be mythical, and actual specs and reviews came out...the decision was made.

Now, it's just a question of time. I might just do it tomorrow, or I might wait until the first paycheck from me new job, which will be around the end of the month. It just depends on whether the Little Red Devil on my left shoulder prevails, or the Little White Angel of financial responsibility on my right shoulder prevails.

But they both know which way it will eventually turn out, as I do...

View attachment 154347
Sometimes its really hard to avoid temptation of gear acquisition (GAS). I have that issue too. The number of guitars, basses and trumpets is nearly beyond the space I have to store them. Happily I have a strategy for those, and it revolves around "currency hedging" where the musical instruments are (also) treated as "hard assets" that will always have value, have been pre-depreciated and tend to move value-wise with inflation. Over the last few years the instruments have appreciated more than physical silver. Unfortunately drones are different, and like cars are a depreciating asset.... But they're fun.

Right now I still have my M2P, Mini 2 and Mini 3. I should probably sell the Mini 2, but there are so many 3rd party apps that it can now take advantage of since the SDK was released. I'd like to start learning to fly FPV and have played around with VR goggles with my camera drones. The DJI FPV looked interesting but far too easy to crash and damage and far too expensive to fix, even with (especially with?) DJI Care/Refresh. The Avata looks more friendly and seems like a great beginner FPV drone. What I don't understand is why the top speed of the Avata is only 30mph? The Mini 2 and 3 will crank out 36mph and my M2P's top speed is around 45mph.

Sometimes its really hard to avoid temptation of gear acquisition (GAS). I have that issue too. The number of guitars, basses and trumpets is nearly beyond the space I have to store them. Happily I have a strategy for those, and it revolves around "currency hedging" where the musical instruments are (also) treated as "hard assets" that will always have value, have been pre-depreciated and tend to move value-wise with inflation. Over the last few years the instruments have appreciated more than physical silver. Unfortunately drones are different, and like cars are a depreciating asset.... But they're fun.

Right now I still have my M2P, Mini 2 and Mini 3. I should probably sell the Mini 2, but there are so many 3rd party apps that it can now take advantage of since the SDK was released. I'd like to start learning to fly FPV and have played around with VR goggles with my camera drones. The DJI FPV looked interesting but far too easy to crash and damage and far too expensive to fix, even with (especially with?) DJI Care/Refresh. The Avata looks more friendly and seems like a great beginner FPV drone. What I don't understand is why the top speed of the Avata is only 30mph? The Mini 2 and 3 will crank out 36mph and my M2P's top speed is around 45mph.
IIRC, the top speed of the Avata in Manual mode is 60 mph, about the same as the DJI FPV in Sport mode...which I've found to be fully delightful. The 82 mph that I can get out of the FPV in Manual is a whole different level of cool. It just takes a higher level of skill and concentration to fly in Manual mode, which is sort of interesting, but also a chore.

I'd very like to see DJI create a "Super Sport" that provides the max power that's available from the FPV, while retaining all of the stability features of Normal or Sport mode. I have no reason to believe this couldn't be done with a firmware change.

Even thought I don't have it yet, I would definitely recommend the Avata over the DJI FPV as a first FPV drone, with one exception: If you're a serious speed demon, like I am, and you're only going to get one FPV drone, then it has to be the SJI FPV, which will blow the doors off of the Avata in a race.

It's actually pretty easy to fly the DJI FPV in Manual mode without crashing it, even without any sim time. It takes more discipline, particularly in terms of developing an incremental training plan for yourself, and sticking to it.

It's not required to fly the DJI FPV like a mad man, in order to have enormous amounts of fun with it!

Thx

IIRC, the top speed of the Avata in Manual mode is 60 mph, about the same as the DJI FPV in Sport mode...which I've found to be fully delightful. The 82 mph that I can get out of the FPV in Manual is a whole different level of cool. It just takes a higher level of skill and concentration to fly in Manual mode, which is sort of interesting, but also a chore.

I'd very like to see DJI create a "Super Sport" that provides the max power that's available from the FPV, while retaining all of the stability features of Normal or Sport mode. I have no reason to believe this couldn't be done with a firmware change.

Even thought I don't have it yet, I would definitely recommend the Avata over the DJI FPV as a first FPV drone, with one exception: If you're a serious speed demon, like I am, and you're only going to get one FPV drone, then it has to be the SJI FPV, which will blow the doors off of the Avata in a race.

It's actually pretty easy to fly the DJI FPV in Manual mode without crashing it, even without any sim time. It takes more discipline, particularly in terms of developing an incremental training plan for yourself, and sticking to it.

It's not required to fly the DJI FPV like a mad man, in order to have enormous amounts of fun with it!

Thx
Thanks for your reply. I'll have to save up a bit for an Avata in a few months. I've been wanting to do FPV for some time and as I said earlier have dabbled with VR/FPV with my camera drones, but it's not the same. I think the Avata will keep beginners like me out of trouble, or get me out of trouble with some of the classic features like GPS and RTH. I would have destroyed the DJI FPV in minutes. The Avata looks way more resilient.

Thanks for your reply. I'll have to save up a bit for an Avata in a few months. I've been wanting to do FPV for some time and as I said earlier have dabbled with VR/FPV with my camera drones, but it's not the same. I think the Avata will keep beginners like me out of trouble, or get me out of trouble with some of the classic features like GPS and RTH. I would have destroyed the DJI FPV in minutes. The Avata looks way more resilient.
So it's a race! Will you get yours first, or will I get mine first?

Either way, we should share our experiences when we do get them!

:cool:

You don't need to buy "used". when you can buy REFURBISHED! You can get the Flymore combo for $479 through DJI.
Refurbished Mini 2 link

Often the "refurbished" units aren't refurbished at all, but overstock items that are new in every single way, down to the packaging. Two years ago I bought my Mavic 2 Pro as a refurb with the flymore kit and paid $1500 out the door when should I have purcheased a "new" unit it would have cost me $2000+ tax. I was shocked that there wasn't a single thing that wouldh have hinted that it had been "refurbished" in any way.

If you buy a refurb unit, regardless of whether it was actually refurbished or overstock, you get a warranty and can purchase Care/Refresh without jumping through hoops to prove everything is still working. If you buy used, not only will the drone and controller be used- so will the batteries which I think can be the most dubious thing of all. If you have to replace used batteries, that will eliminate the savings you get when you buy used.

Have I convinced you?
Probably, TY lol

I've only bought one used drone, a Mini-1 Fly More Combo. I bought it directly from someone on this forum. We agreed on the price, and when the drone arrived, everything was exactly as described, and the drone has performed flawlessly.

Not to worry, the Mini-2 is a great bird, and I'll still have one after I sell these two.

If you're interested (or if anyone else is), please send me a private message.

Thx
Is the little icon envelope to the right of my icon the way to send a 'Private' message? I only see 'Start a 'Conversation' '.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
henryairsoft1