DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

USING 4K on M2P

Joe Herrera

Reactions
Site
www.engagingfilm.com
On my RC, I switch the video format to record 4K, but I left the video format container as MOV. I flew the drone above my house for a couple minutes then brought it back and USB connected the drone to my 4K TV to play straight off the card. I saw little to no difference between that video and all the others on the same card I've recorded in HD 1080P. What else do I need to do in addition to switching to 4K?

Viewing angle, viewing distance, sensitivity to resolution, etc all play in. Your tv may even upscale. We’ve watched 1080 for a long time and the difference is not always obvious. You’re also using a 1” sensor and a wide angle lens. Get some close ups of things with texture like a tree trunk and see if the 4K starts shining through.

Its funny because I can notice a huge difference between 1080 and 2K which is slightly wider and barely notice the difference between 2k an 4K but if you watch it on a Large Screen TV now you can start to see some added Detail in the picture much more easily.

I have found 2K to be the sweet spot for Wide Screen Monitors .

I shot this to show the difference as you can watch it in 1080 or 2k Or 4K
can you tell the difference.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain. Land on the Water.

Last edited:
You need to sit not much further than the TV's diagonal to really see the benefit.
You'll probably also have to disable the TV's image processing that's there to fake sharpness so that it looks ok at the distances people typically sit at.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Roger-N