DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Using a different cable from controller to phone.

Boyce555

Reactions
Hi,
So I've recently updated my phone to a Samsung S20 and naturally needed a good case to protect the phone. Only problem now is that its to chunky around the usb port to fit the 90 degrees usb dji cable in from the controller!
I've seen other cables that would fit but does it matter on the data transfer rate? One is 5gig and the other is 10gig or does it not matter?

Thanks.

I don't have a Mavic Air 2, but as it is purportedly the same controller as the Mini 2, may I assume that it uses USB-c connectors and the Samsung uses a micro USB? If so, you can use straight USB-c→microUSB cables and plug into the controller at the port near the antennae or the USB-c port at in the front of the controller and go straight into the phone. I'm surprised that with a thick case you can mount the phone in the controller without removing it.

Hi,
Yes i need a usb-c to usb-c straight cable.
Yer the phone only just fits inside the controller with about a millimetre to spare!!

I have an iPhone with a semi-thick case. And while the lightning plug will fit, I tend to remove the case before installing my phone in the controller.

Yes with my old phone i was doing this, removing the case each time! This phone i just wona leave case on each time!
I'll get a cable to fit and see what happens.

For my Air 2, I use an iphone 11 Pro in a protective case that would not fit the angled DJI plug so I bought an accessory cable that does fit, with a straight through plug. All works fine. About $20.

For my Air 2, I use an iphone 11 Pro in a protective case that would not fit the angled DJI plug so I bought an accessory cable that does fit, with a straight through plug. All works fine. About $20.
Great, I've had one delivered. Tried it out all seems fine, haven't flown yet though as weather is pants!

Hi,
So I've recently updated my phone to a Samsung S20 and naturally needed a good case to protect the phone. Only problem now is that its to chunky around the usb port to fit the 90 degrees usb dji cable in from the controller!
I've seen other cables that would fit but does it matter on the data transfer rate? One is 5gig and the other is 10gig or does it not matter?

Thanks.
I have a Galaxy Note 20 and decided to go without a case for the reason you mention. I had Verizon apply a(n invisible) coating to the face to protect it.
Now, as to your question: The length of the cable should not matter as long as it is USB-C on both ends. The only issue will be comfort and convenience.

I have a Galaxy Note 20 and decided to go without a case for the reason you mention. I had Verizon apply a(n invisible) coating to the face to protect it.
Now, as to your question: The length of the cable should not matter as long as it is USB-C on both ends. The only issue will be comfort and convenience.
Thanks, yes I've managed to find a type - c both ends and only 15cm long! So no extra cable hanging down. Only thing is it doesn't fit nicely in to the top of the controller when packed away. But i can live with that.

Thanks, yes I've managed to find a type - c both ends and only 15cm long! So no extra cable hanging down. Only thing is it doesn't fit nicely in to the top of the controller when packed away. But i can live with

The original cable that came with the MA2 doesn't actually fit nicely when packed away, so I just leave it hanging out. You should have not problem doing that with your new cable. (If you like my responses, please give me "Likes." Thanks.

Reactions: Boyce555
The original cable that came with the MA2 doesn't actually fit nicely when packed away, so I just leave it hanging out. You should have not problem doing that with your new cable. (If you like my responses, please give me "Likes." Thanks.
Ha, no problem ?

The DJI cable for my Air 2 did not fit my iphone 11 Pro with a Lifeproof Rugged case fitted, due to their right-angled Lightning plug not clearing the case. I bought a replacement with a straight through plug which is great; excellent specs with kevlar fibre weave, 80,000 swing test. It even fits inside the RC. Can recommend the brand on this drone. Cheers ?? (Supplier: PBTech in New Zealand. I think they sell online overseas, also.)

Attachments​

• D78FF422-735F-4685-A313-53AD4B6ECABF.jpeg
    D78FF422-735F-4685-A313-53AD4B6ECABF.jpeg
    112.9 KB · Views: 5
  • 2235BC11-B57B-41BA-8CC4-F534DE36FC47.jpeg
    2235BC11-B57B-41BA-8CC4-F534DE36FC47.jpeg
    86.3 KB · Views: 7
  • 75998873-055A-4718-B8D3-2FD893E1E3DE.jpeg

Thanks, yes I've managed to find a type - c both ends and only 15cm long! So no extra cable hanging down. Only thing is it doesn't fit nicely in to the top of the controller when packed away. But i can live with that.
and does it operate ok ie: conect to drone and fly.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SlayTech