DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Using a tablet

I use a Ipad 10.2 (new version) with Mavmount and have no problems. It is non-cellular. I also use a Samsung Note 8, 64 bits compatible with DJI Fly app. Very nice feature is the 1000 nits, 6.3" Quad HD+ Super AMOLED screen. Easy to see in the sun. Deals can be had with a little searching. Hope this helps.

Reactions: ovettkn
@Ennui
The Winnovo T10 tablet works and costs $115, was $100 but price increased. Much cheaper than a samsung tablet
Can anyone else recommend the Winnovo T10 (MT8163) tablet for operating the DJI Fly app and does anyone know if it is capable of doing a screen record while recording the video cache during flight?
Thanks, Bill

Reactions: Ennui
@EyesWideShut
It is capable of doing a screen record while recording the video cache (which shows the live video transmission) during flight.

When you add a screen recorder app in the background while recording (with cache turned on) they may be some lag. But for the price and capability the Winnovo T10 tablet (3GB RAM, 64 bit) is the best. It is the best newer tablet with hdmi output, and this I use to fly the Mavic Mini with FPV Goggles. Soon I will post another video on Youtube showing the amount of lag when flying in different environments.
Not sure if you've seen this.

Reactions: EyesWideShut
@EyesWideShut
It is capable of doing a screen record while recording the video cache (which shows the live video transmission) during flight.

When you add a screen recorder app in the background while recording (with cache turned on) they may be some lag. But for the price and capability the Winnovo T10 tablet (3GB RAM, 64 bit) is the best. It is the best newer tablet with hdmi output, and this I use to fly the Mavic Mini with FPV Goggles. Soon I will post another video on Youtube showing the amount of lag when flying in different environments.
Not sure if you've seen this.

Thanks for reminding me to re-look at the video as it clearly does answer my screen record question. I saw it last week and have been trying to locate some HDMI googles. I'm in Canada and they are no longer available on amazon.ca

About the mobile device lag... there's a potential for a lot to be going on. Fly app, low res video caching, screen recording... I wonder if the hdmi outputting also adds a load??

Anyway, thanks @1212121 for the info. I ordered the Winnovo. One week delivery.

So the Winnovo T10 is no longer available on Amazon. Does any tablet with HDMI out work? There is another $100 tablet with HDMI out but is seems from reading other posts combatability can be finicky. If willing to pay the price is a Samsung a sure bet?

Thanks everyone - Joe

The Winnovo T10 is still available on amazon.ca (Canada). I purchased one a few weeks ago.

@Jruane83

Any 64 bit, 3GB RAM (and up) tablet with hdmi out should work. The tablet you give a link to has 2GB RAM.

This tablet will work, 1 left in stock:

The tablet has a mini hdmi port, so:

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

Last edited:
The Winnovo T10 is still available on amazon.ca (Canada). I purchased one a few weeks ago.

I would be interested in finding out how well this tablets works for you when it gets in. I'm also looking to purchase it. I noticed sometimes it's out of stock on amazon Canada but saw they had some last week.

I would be interested in finding out how well this tablets works for you when it gets in. I'm also looking to purchase it. I noticed sometimes it's out of stock on amazon Canada but saw they had some last week.
I received it a couple of weeks ago, just took a couple of days thru amazon.ca. I was interested in the hdmi out to hook up a second viewing monitor to it and when wanting a larger screen than my everyday iphone 7 but as I've been sidetracked, I've still been using an old ipad 2013 that the Winnovo T10 will be replacing. Haven't used the T10 other than to set up the Fly app and test the hdmi which all works well. I'll see if I get a chance to use it today/tonight and get back with an better opinion.

Reactions: Ger
Thank you! Disclaimer and all - well deserved. I would not have known the correct specs. This is very helpful
I would hold off on buying the tablet if you just want to fly fpv with the mavic mini. I will make a video comparing the tablet system to a phone-dongle bluetooth system. I tested the dongle system and it is better, with the best fpv flying experience yet and less lag. Amazon has a 90 day return policy on most items. The tablet system is still good for anyone just upgrading to a newer tablet with hdmi or for anyone who doesn't have a samsung phone or iphone. Here are the links to this cheaper and better system:
Goggles-->included hdmi cable-->female-female hdmi adapter-->dongle-->wifi piece, powerbank. Then download the EZMira app and connect your phone via bluetooth to the dongle.

Tablet is on its way so I am going to give it a go; perhaps I will compare both options. What I am actually trying to do with the Mavic Air is recreate this experience (pic below) where someone can enjoy FPV view while I fly in visiual range. The table has an HDMI out that should transmit to the goggle. The Winnovo seemed to do this reliably but we will see what happens with the new 3gig tablet.

1589555008946.png

I received it a couple of weeks ago, just took a couple of days thru amazon.ca. I was interested in the hdmi out to hook up a second viewing monitor to it and when wanting a larger screen than my everyday iphone 7 but as I've been sidetracked, I've still been using an old ipad 2013 that the Winnovo T10 will be replacing. Haven't used the T10 other than to set up the Fly app and test the hdmi which all works well. I'll see if I get a chance to use it today/tonight and get back with an better opinion.
I haven't tested the Winnovo T10 fully with HDMI other than to hook a second monitor up when I first got it and it does work. I flew with it yesterday without a second monitor and the video to my phone seemed slightly jerky, nor as smooth as my old iPad Air (1st Gen). Need to test it more but my choice right now if just wanting a tab to fly I like the ipad air better. The T10 will be OK for outputting to a second monitor or googles but might expect some jerkiness.

After so much pain in trying to install DJI FLY on Samsung tablets, I bought a Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8.0 (2019) WiFi 32GB 2GB RAM SM-T290 and finally I managed to install the app and everything works well.Watch my posts.
Hi attman53, I also have a samsung sm-t290 that I installed dji fly on. However, I cannot view my flight videos on it. Do you have the same problem or is it just my tablet? Any help would be appreciated.

"Wow" is an inadequate repsonse! Not only great filming and scenery, but the transmission to the goggles seemed flawless. I got the Vankyo Z10 and was able to get it to throughput to the HDMI, but it was jerky. Nice tablet, I may just keep it for the price but your setup is next stop. Thanks for posting.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1212121
"Wow" is an inadequate repsonse! Not only great filming and scenery, but the transmission to the goggles seemed flawless. I got the Vankyo Z10 and was able to get it to throughput to the HDMI, but it was jerky. Nice tablet, I may just keep it for the price but your setup is next stop. Thanks for posting.
Thank you! I am trying to improve. There are many cool spots to explore and fly my drone where I live.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cjd54