DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How Many of us Submitted or Actually Received an SGI-COA or COA from the TSA/FAA or just the FAA?

• Too Difficult To Even Try

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Tried but was Denied or Rejected

• Submitted a Request but Never Got a Reply

• Submitted a Request but Have Not Heard Back Yet

• It's been Over 30 Days since I submitted or,

• It's been Over 60 Days since I submitted, or

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

RLSky-Vid

Reactions
I have an SGI-COA to operate within the Washington, DC NFZ and cannot use either of the CS monitors during the unlock process. Of course I've gone through DJI and have permission to unlock the geo-fence which I've done successfully. I just can't use the CS monitors, either of them, during the unlock process. I have to use an iPad first, start the motors, then switch monitors before I can take off. Can anyone help?

Also, I'd like to know how many people have actually tried to or made it through the screening process and have actually received authorization to fly within Restricted Airspace that required either an SGI-COA or a COA by answering the question below. I've included my waiver as an example.

Thanking you in advance
RLSky-Vid

Attachments

• REDACTED SGI-COA- KDCA .pdf
    245.2 KB · Views: 13
Reactions: Colcolough
I have an SGI-COA to operate within the Washington, DC NFZ and cannot use either of the CS monitors during the unlock process. Of course I've gone through DJI and have permission to unlock the geo-fence which I've done successfully. I just can't use the CS monitors, either of them, during the unlock process. I have to use an iPad first, start the motors, then switch monitors before I can take off. Can anyone help?

Also, I'd like to know how many people have actually tried to or made it through the screening process and have actually received authorization to fly within Restricted Airspace that required either an SGI-COA or a COA by answering the question below. I've included my waiver as an example.

Thanking you in advance
RLSky-Vid
Howdy from Wyoming @RLSky-Vid , welcome to the community, plenty of fine folk and excellent information here.

Thanks B2,
This is my first time here so I'm getting used to using it. I would like to gather information from the Mavic community so that I can provide input to the FAA/TSA about their processes when I sit down with them in about a month. I have a list of issues already from my own experience and want to make sure to bring forth as much relevant data as possible from the community as a whole.
Best
RL

I haven’t done a waiver like yours but I’ve had to unlock NFZs.

You need an internet connection so you have to use a WiFi Hotspot and tether to a cellphone.

I’ve also had problems being able to read the text and see the box you have to tick off accepting responsibility. I bring a blanket in my bag and put it over my head to get some darkness.

Reactions: NestleQuik
Thanks F22loader, I have experienced that myself. You feel like such an idiot when you can't figure out what's wrong and then you realize it after you look the screen from just the right angle and it hits you. DJI definitely needs to simplify this process as well as finding, downloading, and viewing the .dat and .txt files. It's way too complicated.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mrose