DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

2 Pro Using drone video and Social Media to solve a Mystery of this abandoned construction project

BingErr

Reactions
I drive this route about once a week and I've seen this HUGE modern house sticking out of the trees for (I think) 2 years. I asked a few friends who work in construction why it was taking so long to complete and they gave me pretty weird answers including; it was built too tall, and it was shut down by the Home Owners Association. I shot some video and posted to a local Facebook and got 2000 views in less than 24 hours and I've had several people private message me with more weird theory's. The 2 strongest theorys right now are; there are problems with it's structural integrity, and the couple building it are in the middle of a divorce and own millions in back taxes.

Here's the vid. I used a remix of the Unsoved Mysteries theme song to add to the weirdness of it.

DO YOU KNOW ABOUT the Unfinished Mystery House in SW Rochester Minnesota filmed with Mavic 2 Pro 4k - YouTube

Nice job! I'm, sure the neighbors love having to look at this eyesore daily. My first impression is a flat roof here in Minnesota? Not a wise choice.

Very nicely done. I am guessing divorce as the reason its left to the elements.
I guess there are many reasons that the house sits unfinshed, but divorce is the biggest one. I getting some interesting stories from the facebook group that I posted it in, so when I have the truth narrowed down I'll make a followup video and post it here.

Nice job! I'm, sure the neighbors love having to look at this eyesore daily. My first impression is a flat roof here in Minnesota? Not a wise choice.
For sure. And I actually learned that there was a traditional style mansion that was torn down to make way for this new modern house. The "old" house was only 20 years old and was valued at $750,000. I guess all the doors, windows, and fixtures were donated to a local a local charity to raise money for Habitat for Humanity.

I think the new house will look cool when finished, but right now is certainly an eye sore since it sits unfinished for so long.

UPDATE: I have removed the video because the person who owns the construction property threatened to sue me. They said my video was causing them negative publicity (not the fact that it's been sitting 2 years unfinished.) The best part of the message I received from this woman was that she asked me to teach her how to fly drones, because she liked my video so much she went out and bought a M2P. But also, she will sue me if the video isn't removed.

Didn’t get to see the video.
They obviously see the Facebook group you posted to, or were told about it.
I wonder if a plain video without any ‘abandoned eyesore’ type annotations could be something one could be sued over, but of course not worth the hassle and potential suffering of litigation at any level.
Got some attention in the local area by the sounds of things.

I drive this route about once a week and I've seen this HUGE modern house sticking out of the trees for (I think) 2 years. I asked a few friends who work in construction why it was taking so long to complete and they gave me pretty weird answers including; it was built too tall, and it was shut down by the Home Owners Association. I shot some video and posted to a local Facebook and got 2000 views in less than 24 hours and I've had several people private message me with more weird theory's. The 2 strongest theorys right now are; there are problems with it's structural integrity, and the couple building it are in the middle of a divorce and own millions in back taxes.

Here's the vid. I used a remix of the Unsoved Mysteries theme song to add to the weirdness of it.

DO YOU KNOW ABOUT the Unfinished Mystery House in SW Rochester Minnesota filmed with Mavic 2 Pro 4k - YouTube
Video seems to be private and cannot be viewed (from Bulgaria only?) +je

Read the entire thread for the answer.
i did, but there are media without restrictions as well. We are exagerating with GDPR and privacy laws, i think. We still may critisize in words some evolutions, i hope. Our children have lesser and lesser freedom in the name of... freedom. Thx for the reply however! +je

i did, but there are media without restrictions as well. We are exagerating with GDPR and privacy laws, i think. We still may critisize in words some evolutions, i hope. Our children have lesser and lesser freedom in the name of... freedom. Thx for the reply however! +je
I choose to take down the video because the owner was threatening to sue me. I personally think it was just a threat, but because they have lots of money I didn't really want to test that theory. Taking the video down was the easier choice

Reactions: dozzn
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143