DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Using FT Aviator as a tool for research, search for Native American villages

Waldo Pepper

Reactions
One of my hobbies is searching for pre-1850 settlements. Both western and Spanish settlements and Native American villages. High tech drones are a great tool for locating remains from long lost settlements, usually on open terrain cattle ranch land or farm land. In some cases sides of mountains, all with permission from property owners. Many of these property owners own entire mountains, thousands of acres of the prettiest terrain one can imagine. I’m some cases, untouched just how it was centuries ago.

With Native American villages, I don’t enter the properties by foot but instead fly a drone over the terrain. With permission from property owners, they allow me to fly and take pictures which is great most of these villages are many centuries old maybe even over a thousand. When I’m lucky, there are times I’ll spot pictographs on rock walls, and view hundreds of mortar holes. Depending on the size of village, they can have over hundreds of mortar holes and anywhere from a few to several dozen pictographs.

Here are a set of pictographs I found this morning, using the FT Aviator I’m now able to maneuver my drone with one hand. Have the FT Aviator mounted to a lawn chair, with Controller and iPad mounted to a tripod. Greatest tool I’ve added to my hobby, well next to the Mavic 2 Pro that is.

Thanks for looking,
Paul

9C6CC442-F657-477A-914E-2FEB1F82347E.jpegF00B7A3A-FB78-4B94-8B7E-6F8835FDA516.jpegE6B15674-311B-445C-88BD-677F66844FF4.jpeg

Very neat way to use the drone aas a tool!

Yes it is, With a high tech drone can view miles of terrain both live feed or video back home. It’s amazing, maneuvering up close in tight areas to view an area within minutes that would have taken hours to reach by foot.

Thanks!
Paul

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan