DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Using Mavic for business

CrossQuads

Reactions
I keep seeing online of different people with Inspire 2 or some other $3k or $4k drone bashing the Mavic saying it is aweful. But from what I have seen, the Mavic is on par with the Phantom 4 and slightly worse than the Phantom 4 Pro.

So if just a few months ago, the Phantom 4 was fine for surveying or real estate photography, why is the Mavic suddenly bad? I know the P4P can do 4k 60, thats why I want it. But for just starting out to make some money to buy the P4P, is the Mavic really that bad?

Now I know people may be biased on here (being a Mavic forum), but some maybe able to look at this objectively.

I own or have owned all 3, just sold my P4P. The answer is no the Mavic isn't that bad. The Mavic was designed for portability and it achieves that goal. There were many times I was out on my Harley in the mountains and wished I had my Phantom, but obviously that doesn't pack well on a bike. The Mavic solves that problem. I also own an Inspire 2 which is an entirely different device when used with the X5S gimbal/camera and costs 5x more than the Mavic.

There are plenty of us using the Mavic for business.

If you aren't doing big screen cinema, don't be misled by those who want to dismiss the Mavic as substandard.
When compared to the larger sensors found on DSLR's Red's and Inspires, of course the specs will be lower but more than adequate to satisfy a wide range of commercial applications.

Think about it, many were, and still are, using Gopro Hero 3's for real estate work and the Mavic camera's capabilities are way above that.

Given the convenience and portability of the Mavic, I suspect we will begin to see it used in a number of places previously serviced by larger platforms.

There are plenty of us using the Mavic for business.

If you aren't doing big screen cinema, don't be misled by those who want to dismiss the Mavic as substandard.
When compared to the larger sensors found on DSLR's Red's and Inspires, of course the specs will be lower but more than adequate to satisfy a wide range of commercial applications.

Think about it, many were, and still are, using Gopro Hero 3's for real estate work and the Mavic camera's capabilities are way above that.

Given the convenience and portability of the Mavic, I suspect we will begin to see it used in a number of places previously serviced by larger platforms.

The Mavic can't be bashed. And if you spent 5k you'd want to. Portability is a huge factor in filming. The Mavic dosent sacrifice very much at all to achieve it. Cost vs Benefit - The Mavic is a better purchase for most. Cinema will obviously be better with the inspire but that's not to say with grading and the right settings the Mavic can't keep up. It can just not as good. And the difference we are talking about will be un noticeable to most, especially to the viewer. So as the above comment states. I'd bet you'll see more. Quite possible the Mavic becoming the new Phantom to DJI.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

The Mavic can't be bashed. And if you spent 5k you'd want to. Portability is a huge factor in filming. The Mavic dosent sacrifice very much at all to achieve it. Cost vs Benefit - The Mavic is a better purchase for most. Cinema will obviously be better with the inspire but that's not to say with grading and the right settings the Mavic can't keep up. It can just not as good. And the difference we are talking about will be un noticeable to most, especially to the viewer. So as the above comment states. I'd bet you'll see more. Quite possible the Mavic becoming the new Phantom to DJI.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots
The biggest thing about the Phantom 4 Pro for me is the 4k 60 fps, and smooth 1080p 60. I am really hoping they can fix that on the mavic. But the Mavic and Phantom 4 Pro seem to compliment each other verses compete, which was probably DJI's goal.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AR9925