DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Using Mavic Pro as a handheld camcorder on tripod

getgoodgear

Reactions
Hi fellow pilots,

I am a newbie to Mavic pro, I was wondering if anyone has had success using the Mavic pro as a replacement for a standard video camera.

I currently use a Cannon 80D and Cannon XA10 but instead of using three camera's I though I could use the Mavic Pro as an all in one.

I would need to find a suitable Tripod adaptor and would be using the RODE mic to iPhone to capture Audio. I don't see any reason why it wouldn't work, I am curious if anyone has already been down this path.

I would be using it in a "talking head" direct to camera scenario.

Hi fellow pilots,

I am a newbie to Mavic pro, I was wondering if anyone has had success using the Mavic pro as a replacement for a standard video camera.

I currently use a Cannon 80D and Cannon XA10 but instead of using three camera's I though I could use the Mavic Pro as an all in one.

I would need to find a suitable Tripod adaptor and would be using the RODE mic to iPhone to capture Audio. I don't see any reason why it wouldn't work, I am curious if anyone has already been down this path.

I would be using it in a "talking head" direct to camera scenario.
I have seen grip adapters that allow the Mavic to be used as a "steady cam."
Buy PolarPro Katana Mavic Cinema Grip System

I use mine as a handheld all the time. I supplement my aerials with walk-throughs for real estate. I use a DIY handheld rig and it works perfectly.

Yes there is a good quality one around $69.00 for handle held, designed to replace a 3 axis gimble for your cam corder or DSL. The Mavic works very well in this format and I have done a few test runs just holding it.

I am looking more for people who have used it as a static free standing camera. There is a tripod adaptor available from China that has been 3D printed.

I use mine as a handheld all the time. I supplement my aerials with walk-throughs for real estate. I use a DIY handheld rig and it works perfectly.

Have you done any presenting to the camera? I do segments for companies talking direct to the camera in workshop environments and during product reviews.

Have you done any presenting to the camera? I do segments for companies talking direct to the camera in workshop environments and during product reviews.
No, mine are interior shots with music, but I imagine it would work for what you describe, using a separate mike, and some suitable tripod adapter.

I'm confused why you would want to use a drone on a tripoid. Sure it's possible. If you want to do this so you don't need t carry anything else, other then a recording device and large mic, you could. Of course, the video is going to be of _much_ lower quality.

Personally, if I had access to an 80D and wsas going to carry the Mavic and tripod anyway, carrying the 80D would not be much more then the additional recording device and mic. For the quality, I'd simply take a cell phone and use it instead of the Mavic. Same quality.

For the quality, I'd simply take a cell phone and use it instead of the Mavic. Same quality.
For sure not as good as the 80, but def better than a cellphone.

For sure not as good as the 80, but def better than a cellphone.

They are really close. Neither are anywhere near as good as an 80D, which is kind of my point. If you want to save the effort of carrying an 80D and instead carry a recorder and mic, I'd just go to a cell phone as quality does not seem to be very important.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Omni_Aerial